Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tips for recording tribe in sync with samplr?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Tips for recording tribe in sync with samplr? Reply with quote

Sorry i know this is more of a samplr question than a tribe one but im playing around samplr and its quite nice cept for the fact that i cant get anything to be fitting the tempo and grid properly my goal was to create a sort of live rig where i can sample my tribe playing and then run that while i add on top of it and mangle the sample at the same time....

Like i even created a little song on gadget just to try it out at 120 tempo and cut it exactly to be the correct length of bars and. Imported it to samplr and still not running seamless... Bars are not aligning properly... Its driving me crazy.

If any of you have any tips of explanations about how to do it or if you have already done it and would like to share with me qor even if you know an article or blog post that kindof addresses this in a nice clear way please share i would be forever grateful Smile
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't offer much help unless you go into a bit more detail about what the problem is. Other than... Samplr guesses at how many bars long your loop is, sometimes it gets it wrong and you have to tell it yourself. Highlight the slot where you loop is, press the folder icon, at the top of the menu is the bars and beats per bar settings. If these don't match your loop, then set them to the correct number of bars and beats per bar (which i'm guessing will probably be 4). What mode are you using the loops in? In the "basic" slice mode (the one at the far left) the loop divisions (4,8,16,32) don't necessarily correspond with bar divisions. If you have a 4 bar loop then setting the slices to 4 will split your loop into 4x 1 bar chunks. Setting it to 8 will split it into 8x half bar chunks etc. Also, you can manually position the markers, add and delete them etc by pressing the button to the right of "32". And pressing the button underneath the marker position button will pitch your loop up/down until it fits to whatever bpm you've set the project to.

The thing with Samplr is it's really simple, once you know how to use it!!! A good tutorial vid goes a long way, but i don't really know of one i'm afraid, there must be one out there though.

I haven't watched this one, but this guy normally does useful tutorials.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hImPiSg5tIU

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Buska

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm samplr will cut a loop perfectly as long as the loop is cut correctly?

Import your loop into audioshare and use the trim and set the bpm to the tempo of your sample and trim it to a perfect loop.

Make sure gadget isn't rendering the loop tail (it's in gadgets options)

Maybe try exports from a few other apps also
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: