Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampler uses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchcow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless they hired some super amazing programmers or a new hardware revision the ES2 will suck as much as the E2, maybe even more since you loose the filters and oscillators.

Such a pity Korg isn't fixing any issues and letting early adapters sit and wait hoping they one day get a device that works as it should. I've seen prices drop and still no proper communication from Korg. It;s also sad people are defending Korg.

As if Korg can not test a device properly before releasing it. When you take this kind of crap from companies they will do it again next time. Just be sure you don't become a beta tester or buy the next Korg paperweight.
Ayahuasca

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom 62 wrote:
Re-Member wrote:
I remember someone here mentioning that you can at least manually mute parts and play and tweak sounds on the fly by hand while the file is being played back since it's all being handled using MIDI.

Thats wrong. Finished event recordings are playback only -- without any interaction. Beside of turning the main volume knob Twisted Evil

u can mute, chance osc, modulate ext...in event playback, u just cant record them over.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayahuasca wrote:
Tom 62 wrote:
Re-Member wrote:
I remember someone here mentioning that you can at least manually mute parts and play and tweak sounds on the fly by hand while the file is being played back since it's all being handled using MIDI.

Thats wrong. Finished event recordings are playback only -- without any interaction. Beside of turning the main volume knob Twisted Evil

u can mute, chance osc, modulate ext...in event playback, u just cant record them over.

Thanks for that info. I haven't been able to test one out in person, so I've been reluctant to purchase one without some solid facts about what the Event Recorder can or can't do. There's been little info about it and no review has really gone into the details.

Not being to re-record the Event playback file is fine for me, I just need to be able to use it to record a long chain of patterns and still be able to manually tweak the sounds using the front panel knobs live when I play back the Event file later on. It's what I used to do with my MC-505, but it's currently needing repairs.

If someone else whom actually owns the unit is reading this and can confirm this is true, that would be great.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Frenzies

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
Ayahuasca wrote:
Tom 62 wrote:
Re-Member wrote:

Thanks for that info. I haven't been able to test one out in person, so I've been reluctant to purchase one without some solid facts about what the Event Recorder can or can't do. There's been little info about it and no review has really gone into the details.

Not being to re-record the Event playback file is fine for me, I just need to be able to use it to record a long chain of patterns and still be able to manually tweak the sounds using the front panel knobs live when I play back the Event file later on. It's what I used to do with my MC-505, but it's currently needing repairs.

If someone else whom actually owns the unit is reading this and can confirm this is true, that would be great.

Looks to me like you can

Change oscillators
Play with the filter
Play with Modulation section and amp eg section
Play with effects although this seems a bit buggy, working on some parts and not others.
Trigger parts and play with the keyboard

You can't

Mute
Erase
Sequence
Step jump

For me it doesn't offer enough control for live work, but that's just my workflow.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
Looks to me like you can

Change oscillators
Play with the filter
Play with Modulation section and amp eg section
Play with effects although this seems a bit buggy, working on some parts and not others.
Trigger parts and play with the keyboard

You can't

Mute
Erase
Sequence
Step jump

For me it doesn't offer enough control for live work, but that's just my workflow.

Well, that's somewhat of a relief. Thanks for testing some of that. I don't know why some of the other people here are trying to say otherwise. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I figured some of the sequencer functions couldn't be used while playing back the Event files. The manual vaguely hints at this, but doesn't go into anything specific. I perform music similar to how Kraftwerk functions live now, basically just vocals and simple keyboard parts while doing sound tweaking on pre-sequenced patterns of music, so it's good to know that all the front panel knobs will still be usable when playing back the file.

Thanks again!
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Korg needs to REALLY update the manual in regards to this function (event recorder)
wasstof

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
I think Korg needs to REALLY update the manual in regards to this function (event recorder)

Should have stopped that sentence after the word Manual....
Or maybe referred to it as user leaflet!!? Wink
And Now a Volca Sample...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: