Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe EMX-1 pattern & song organiser

View previous topic :: View next topic  
philtipping

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Electribe EMX-1 pattern & song organiser Reply with quote

Am working on a simple utility for organising patterns & songs for an EMX-1. Not an editor but helps to shuffle stuff around and avoids thrashing the rotary dial Smile
More developments later, but screenshots and a beta download are here if it's of any use (Windows PC only, or the usual windows environments on Mac or linux):
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/philweb/philizound/freebies/software/emx1config/emx1-config.html
Phil
Telengard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Will have a look at it later today. Can you get to the note/gate/velocity/etc. of each note from the grid?
philtipping

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telengard wrote:
Can you get to the note/gate/velocity/etc. of each note from the grid?

The synth notes are displayed via the View menus but can add the other data if it's useful. Note this is for info only as it was never intended to be an editor as a) it defeats the hands-on nature of the machine (imho!), and b) editors are already available. The mods I had in mind were to allow drag/drop/copy/paste for multiple items, and maybe add a way of selecting PCM wave types for drums & synths as this also involves a lot of knob spinning... but there's no such thing as a finished program so you never know!
Telengard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at it. Super cool!

I recently got the new electribe and was converting some of my patterns to it, so I was mostly looking for a quicker way to see the data, especially some of my really old patterns. I have been recording the midi output to my iPad and DAW, but it is easier to have them laid out directly from the EMX file.

So, yeah, it would be great to be able to see the rest of the data if that isn't to much trouble, especially gate and velocity info. Motion sequences would be an added bonus, but I would be happy with what you want to add. It already is useful to me.
philtipping

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks Telengard. Should be no problem adding display-only data so will keep you posted.
Telengard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philtipping wrote:
Ok thanks Telengard. Should be no problem adding display-only data so will keep you posted.

Thanks again for this software! It makes my conversions much easier.

I have something else for the "wish list". No pressure. Smile

It would be great to have another display option the would include the setting for the current instrument between the grid items. So something like:

D 1 Pitch/Glide: 0 Pan: 0 LFO Speed: 1/16th etc....
D 1 BD-Hip |x . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |x . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |x . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |x . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |x . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |x . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |x . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If that makes sense. I use the instrument settings as a starting point on the E2 instruments.

But if it is too much of a pain, then don't worry.

Thanks again!
philtipping

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version 1.10 just released with motion seqs and fixed instrument osc/wave names. Glad it's of some use; it's very basic compared with some of the proper editors out there, but it's still quite instructive to see how presets are organised... have learnt a few new things about the machine so was worth the effort.
Will take a look at your request later. Let me know if you find any bugs/incorrect decodes.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Any chance to have it support the electribe2 file format, as per Xanadu's reverse engineering work on the other thread?
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95368

Thanks. Very Happy
philtipping

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:
Any chance to have it support the electribe2 file format, as per Xanadu's reverse engineering work on the other thread?

I used Korg's midi spec for the emx1 plus lots of test files from my machine so sounds too much work for the emx2 without this or owning the machine - can't match Xanadu's efforts & skills!
Might reconsider when Korg publish the emx2 spec. The older electribes are documented so may be feasible with access to some sample files, e.g. a factory set and one with a cleared pattern & song but it would be a bit hit & miss without the actual machine to test. Thanks for your interest.
Telengard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philtipping wrote:
New version 1.10 just released with motion seqs and fixed instrument osc/wave names. Glad it's of some use; it's very basic compared with some of the proper editors out there, but it's still quite instructive to see how presets are organised... have learnt a few new things about the machine so was worth the effort.
Will take a look at your request later. Let me know if you find any bugs/incorrect decodes.

Thanks again for this. I haven't used it too much yet as I haven't had time, but it makes my conversions a lot easier!!
philtipping

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V2 can now select multiple items, edit song chains & pattern playlists and assign waveforms for drum & synth parts; video overview.
Think that wraps it for me but keep an eye on the mods history for updates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: