Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to make sounds beautiful

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidhu1990

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: how to make sounds beautiful Reply with quote

hi,
i'm a newbie here. i had a yamaha psr 550b. i dreamt of a pa900 for a long time. yesterday i have bought pa900. but when i played it i found that yamaha's voices were nicer than it. styles were great. i can not express myself properly. somehow when i play a music voices are not blending with styles. but it must not be the case. because before buying it i watched a lot & listened a lot of pa900's music video. those were superb. i want to know what are the basic settings which can make sounds richer. in my yamaha main voice is of live grand piano & it is backed by strings (most commonly used). though it is a low end device, it's sound is rich & good to hear. in pa900 i have plethora of choices. i want to know where i am doing wrong & what are the basic changes should be done. i am not a professional. it is my hobby. i am eagerly waiting for your response. thanks in advance.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: how to make sounds beautiful Reply with quote

sidhu1990 wrote:
.. had a yamaha psr550 ... yesterday i have bought pa900. but when i played it i found that yamaha's voices were nicer than it.
.. i want to know where i am doing wrong & what are the basic changes should be done.

Hello,
the differerence between Yamaha and Korg maybe:
Out-of-box and play without to do much customizing - but if familiar after short time if you want to change some parameters to customize - you will not find important or effective parameters for customizing (that is Yamaha - system simple to apply), to be used as it is.
Out-of-box and play - there seems be possible so much to do for customizing - however if familiar with some tools and discovering parameters gradually you will be satisfied with your keyboard for a long time (thats Korg - advanced system for experts) and still one will customize with extensive amount of parameters after years.

It seems not to be you did something wrong - but as there is a great amount of features to customize sounds, performances and background, you can not get an information for basic change do be done with one switch.

Its recommended to use manual and reference guides to learn how to select styles, sts, performances, songbook-entries, effects etc and how to lock/unlock parameters. So you can listen how styles, performances, sts, songbook-entries are sounding with factory-settings and can learn step-by-step how it would sound if you change parameters.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
jimsweb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EQ settings, master eq setting etc you need to change to sound to your taste. Out of the box, KORG sound flat. That's normal behavior of a pro instrument.
sidhu1990

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
many thanks for your kind response. yes it's very much true that i must have patience & have to learn how to make sound beautiful. lets see how can i achieve it. thanks once again.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg Pa3x/3xle/900/600 have amazing sounds, styles and tweakability, but their weak point is the piano sounds and it looks like you play a lot of piano. Fortunately Antony Sharmann has provided a a really nice piano that you can download from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m79xyu991iorrni/SteinwayPlusMarch2015.SET.zip?dl=0
Just unzip the file (Right Click, Open with...Windows Explorer) and load the .Set folder. It contain various versions of a really nice sampled Steinway. This will not affect any of the Factory settings (it is a Sound set only) and will add the pianos to User 1 sounds.
Believe me you wont look back once using these new pianos.
The other thing that Korg does is understate the global reverb compared to other manufacturers so I suggest you turn up Global Reverb (Menu, Global, Reverb Offsett) a few notches.
John
sidhu1990

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrrreat..... Many many thanks to John. Surely I will download it & let you know. I eagerly waiting to come back home to tweak the settings. Thanks once again. I did not know where to start from. Now I some clue to go on.
sidhu1990

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you please tell me how do i copy? after plugging the usb stick i pressed 'media' button. there after pressed copy, then chose copy to disk. after that whenever i press copy it shows warning' are you sure". at this stage i don't have that much courage to do that. should i go ahead. korg's manual does not say anything about it.
even if i tried to make full resource backup, it said 'are you sure'. so i didn't. there should be some encouraging line for it. why it is giving warning even for backup!!!
my os version is 1.01 jun 24 2013. how can i update to latest version. is there any tutorial for it?
sorry for lots of questions together at one place.
thank you all.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making your sounds beautiful is all about understand how sounds, effects works, then you customize, saved as new and got it Smile
I can tell you if you get there you can make what you need on pretty much all keyboards which give you access to tweak it.
When my Pa600 was in repair shop I did video on my old $150 Yamaha PSR-E423 and sounds came not bad Smile
Take look yourself Smile

Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidhu,
To load a set you need to use the Load tab not Copy. So once you have the set on a USB stick then Media, Load.
"Are you sure" is a general warning you will see often. It sounds more ominous than it is. Just do a Full Resource backup or a Save All before loading a new set just to be safe.
Cheers,
John
Leedslad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, you lost me on loading these Steinway sounds, can you go thru it again, I followed the best I could but nothing arrived at user 1.
Leedslad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John its ok mate I got it, nice sounds might even feel better thru the Havian
Cheers mate.
AS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: