Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa900 really worth it vs pa600? Repost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epjl2000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:06 am    Post subject: Pa900 really worth it vs pa600? Repost Reply with quote

I originally posted this in the pa900 section, realized I should post this elsewhere as to avoid any biased opinions from proud pa900 owners!

Hey Korg friends, wondering if anyone with experience in these 2 products can tell me if the pa900 is worth the extra cash compared to the pa600, in terms of the amount of extra styles DNC sounds that it has? Am not interested in the tc Helicon harmonizer as I already have 2 harmony pedals, am not interested in the sampler as I dont want to spend time finding and loading multiple samples manually, the mp3 recorder I don't need, and extra build quality doesn't bother me either. The only things that keep me interested in the 900 are the extra sounds and styles that the 600 doesn't have. For example, I can see in the manual there are 2 extra steel guitar DNC sounds in the 900, 2 extra jazz guitar DNC and a few others (I love guitar sounds). Would I be missing out big time if I settled for the pa600? Can those sounds be imported? Is it a better option to save that extra cash and use it on a different soundboard altogether, like another arranger, workstation or module, then combine that with the pa600 via midi? In the end I wish to output separate tracks to Reaper on my computer, I guess I could also transfer the pa600 midi files I've created and use vst sounds I have if I'm not happy with the pa600 sounds? Just worried that approach will involve too much meddling, which is what I want to get away from and why I want an arranger keyboard. So does the pa900 provide a better hassle free solution in terms of sounds and styles, is it worth the extra dough in that sense? Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks.
tacman7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy with my 600, enough sounds for me.

There's more styles than I can handle after I installed the Dopamine set which is free.

But it could go on a 900 also I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: