Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to gain some space pa600

View previous topic :: View next topic  
legolas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: how to gain some space pa600 Reply with quote

My system is completely full and i m not able to load new or save any work i do. How can i find and delete any any data to gain any space even few kbytes will help.

Thanks
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: how to gain some space pa600 Reply with quote

legolas wrote:
My system is completely full and i m not able to load new or save any work i do. How can i find and delete any any data to gain any space even few kbytes will help.

Thanks

Get a 2GB USB memory drive and plug it in the back of your keyboard. Then move the bulk of your files from DISK to USB. Make sure you re-format the USB drive with either FAT16 ot FAT32 for use in the PA600.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: how to gain some space pa600 Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
legolas wrote:

Thanks

Get a 2GB USB memory drive and plug it in the back of your keyboard. Then move the bulk of your files from DISK to USB. Make sure you re-format the USB drive with either FAT16 ot FAT32 for use in the PA600.

I believe Pa600 has interanal HHD 1GB, you can also use space there, unless you used already. Smile
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
legolas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents i do not follow
Internal memory of 96 MB is completely full.. So if i add a hdd
Can i create new performances and styles and play from there??

Ty
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ram memory (96mb) is only ever used for user sampled sounds or user sounds created by other users in sets you have loaded. Ram is not used at all for edited styles or edited factory sounds. So you must have quite a few of your own sampled sounds or loaded sets with custom sounds or drum kits.
When you save a backup of your custom sounds or midis or mp3s these will be saved to HD (or removable USB).
I'm not sure of the memory configuration of the Pa600 but I did post the following info about the Pa3x a little while back:
"The memory configuration in the Korgs takes a while to get your head around. There are actually 4 types of memory on board.
1) Factory ROM memory - unknown size (probably around 500mb) and is used to store the factory sampled sounds. This memory cant be modified by the user.
2) User Flash memory. Used to store user adjusted sounds and styles. This memory does not contain any "sounds" as such but only parameters that will adjust the sounds or styles. So while you might edit a factory sound and store your settings in a User Bank all you are really doing is storing a few parameters that determine how the sound or style is delivered. You will know when you run out of this memory because you wont have any User Banks left to use. For the sake of completeness I should mention also that the factory sound and style Settings are also stored in this type of memory but are safely locked unless you go to Global preferences and unlock (not recommended).
3) HD memory (which in the case of the 61 key model is actually an internal USB memory stick.) For the 76 key model this will be huge and you could never fill it up unless you have 100,000 mp3s and 1,000's of copies of backups. Even for the 61 key model that ships with 4GB USB you can still fit around 300 mp3s and a couple of dozen backups. It would be very difficult to use up all this memory with midi files because they use far less than mp3s. The operating system and other necessary files do actually use about 2.5gb of the 4gb which only leaves about 1.5gb free. I have replaced my internal 4gb USB with a 32GB USB to give me plenty of room. (Warning - don't attempt this unless you know what you are doing and get a bit more advice). Even with 300 midis and dozens of mp3s and backups (including sampled sounds) I find I am still only using about 4gb all up.
4) Ram Memory. The units ships with 128mb and is upgradeable to 256mb.
This is volatile "hot" memory that is used for User Sampled PCM sounds. Normally anything in Ram is lost when you turn off your device but the Pa3x has a clever battery backup system to keep the Ram "on" even when the keyboard is turned off. This makes boot up time much shorter if you have sampled sounds on board but will make no difference at all if you don't. If the battery runs out or low because you have unplugged your Pa3x for a few days, the sounds are not lost - they are backed up in your HD/internal USB and it will just take longer to boot up."
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Pa600 has 1.2GB space Mass Storage, which can be access on PC via USB Cable, also same space is accessible by Korg Pa600.
They not saying what kinda of storage is, could be SSD or HHD.
1.2 GB is plenty to storage sets, midi and sounds.
This is only storage, same like USB Drive, from there has to be load first to instrument before use, but advantage is, is always with you, USB Drive can be damage, stolen of lost. Smile
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legolas wrote:
Gents i do not follow

Ty

Sorry, you didn't specify you were talking about sample memory in your original post. Sample memory is fixed, you can only free up space there by deleting custom sound samples. You could try going to SOUND EDIT > MENU > USER PCM SAMPLES > and DELETE NON-ASSIGNED USER PCM SAMPLES to see if you can free up some space.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
legolas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
legolas wrote:
Gents i do not follow

Ty

Sorry, you didn't specify you were talking about sample memory in your original post. Sample memory is fixed, you can only free up space there by deleting custom sound samples. You could try going to SOUND EDIT > MENU > USER PCM SAMPLES > and DELETE NON-ASSIGNED USER PCM SAMPLES to see if you can free up some space.

Thank you, i already did that and gained 4mb only which is not enough...all the extra storage they mentioned above is not usefull unless i can store my styles and sounds on it and play it live...i hope it is clear ...all other storage is not important to me...i appreciate any help again..many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: