Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

though may sound silly but please help to store settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidhu1990

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: though may sound silly but please help to store settings Reply with quote

hi,
i'm a newbie here. i'm going straight to the problem. previously i used to play yamaha psr550b, a very basic arranger. where i can store my settings into various registration button. during playing a song i could change voices, style etc on a fly. now pa900 is like an ocean. i have now innumerable choices. it will take time to get adapted with it.
i'm giving an example. i want to play a song with style analog ballad 2, main voice sax, on some part of the songs i need piano with different style variation of analog ballad 2, again i need different voices in different part of the song. how can i do this? so that whenever i play that song those specific settings will be in front of me & i can change them in a moment.
i know it is a very basic question. but somehow i can not solve it. can you please please guide me step by step by giving an example. for that reason i can not even use it properly. i dreamt about it for long. but...
many many thanks in advance. eagerly waiting for your response.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itis not a silly question - the Korg way takes some getting used to but believe me it will work.
The best solution is to use the Songbook feature. The Songbook is a place where you can store hundreds of different settings and these settings can be anything from voices (four Single Touch Settings) to go with a style or perhaps linked to a midi or mp3.
So have the Style you want loaded and press Songbook. There are options to save existing STS's etc but the most important step is the choose "New Song" and write or save it with the title you want to use to find this "song" later.
Now go back into the Songbook and choose and Open your song. Now you can edit your own STS's and call them what you want. You can edit things like tempo and key changes in the Edit Book 2 Tab. Now edit the Song details and add your initials as the Artist. In this way you can use the Filter options to have the Songbook list your songs only (rather than the whole list) by filtering by Artist. There are lots of other things you can do (like create Custom Lists) store other settings with the STS's (like Octave shifts) but start with the basics and tinker with these later on.
Hope this gets you started.
Cheers,
John
sidhu1990

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many many many thanks reuben. i'm eagerly waiting to came back from my workplace. i will give it a try. i will surely let you know.
jimsweb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have many options:
1. Use performance button to select last chosen sound to be selected by a single button press. Settings are in general.
2. Use song book.
3. Another trick is to store two consecutive styles. 1st style can hold 4 sts, second style can hold another 4. Now you can jump from one style to another style bu a single button press! Assign it to assignable button.
sidhu1990

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have created a new songbook entry. my style was analog ballad 1. i need movie strings 2 in sts 1, piano in sts 2, guitar in sts 3 & trumpet in sts 4. it is showing 'write current sts (factory specified) to sts 1. how can i edit sts for that specific song. i do not overwrite factory setting. for that particular song sts will be different. how can i achieve it. if need more than 4 voices then what will i do? do not have more sts.
another question is what is the difference between song & performance. looking forward for your reply. many many thanks.[/img][/code]
sidhu1990

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have created a new songbook entry. my style was analog ballad 1. i need movie strings 2 in sts 1, piano in sts 2, guitar in sts 3 & trumpet in sts 4. it is showing 'write current sts (factory specified) to sts 1. how can i edit sts for that specific song. i do not want to overwrite factory setting. for that particular song sts will be different. how can i achieve it. if need more than 4 voices then what will i do? do not have more sts.
another question is what is the difference between song & performance. looking forward for your reply. many many thanks.
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like to change anything in the 'Factory Styles', so I do it this way:
'Copy and Paste' the style into a 'Favorites' slot
If you are using the 'Songbook' feature, follow the steps you stated, changing the STS voices, etc. but when you go to 'Write' the style, press 'New Song' and give it the name of the song you want to play with the newly created style - let's say SONG 1. The style will be saved with the new STS voices that you set up.
You can then go back to the style in 'Favorites', change the STS voices again, and when you go to 'Write', give it another 'New Song' name - let's say SONG 2.
SONG 1 and SONG 2 will have the STS voices you assigned to them.

The Factory Style will be unchanged.

Another way I do this without using the 'Songbook' is:
'Copy and Paste' the style into a 'Favorites' slot
'Rename' the style to the song I want to use it with
Change the STS voices to the ones I want to use for that song.

Remember, you can have 3 different RH voices in one STS - It may not be as fast to change from one voice to another, but the option is there ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: