Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions For Future KingKorg Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Percivale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping up for awareness by KORG.
stephenwiley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vst editor vst editor vst editor......

how in the world was this overlooked?
Percivale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any KORG staff member reading this? No love for KK at all? Shocked
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

It has been treated like a stepchild in bad fairytales, since shortly after release, and not received any significant attention (far from love) by the company ever since.

They have virtually kicked it out the market by that behavior all by themselves, and used units are sold and bought at abandonware prices.
djcactus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I'm forced to agree with you. The sad thing is that I really love this guy in my studio, I've gotten a ton of use out of it. So I cant really complain, I feel like I got my moneys worth, it just feels unfair when you see other products getting love.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most basics of this synth just as well, and that's the reason I haven't sold it yet (along with being happy about the non-Korg software Patch Morpher, which did much more for using the KK, than the lame Korg librarian without proper editor ever did).

But:
- I really didn't expect that they would leave the mod matrix and envelope status as basic as it was at the start (quite uncommon compared to some other great VAs)
- I thought there would follow a lot of support for this synth (programming videos beyond absolute basics, updating librarian to editor, free and commercial patches etc.)

I was dead wrong with all my Korg expectations this time: support and further development stayed considerably below the Korg standards known to me by use of Kronos, Microkorg XL+ etc.
Robain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they not interested in doing the development, maybe they should release the code and a Software Development Kit (or even just the documentation) so that we can start making our own firmware updates...
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No company does that, for good reasons: why should you give away the results of your hard work for free, like the well done filter modelling in the KK???
skinmechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the King Korg was the price point they tried to sell it at, sales of this unit were extremely low in Europe hence support most likely for the product.

The waveforms and OSC set-up in this are almost identical to the Juno DI for a fraction of the price, it's only recently with the price drop would anyone be interested but I think most people have already overlooked it for something else, it does need re-marketing and a new OS to showcase new featuresets and possibly more filter types.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: