Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

up for a 25K grant!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool but thanks for trying! I wish the voting was opened up. The wording of the facts is not even perfectly clear on number of votes some people think vote as many times each day as you have emails but others think it is one person one vote. I do not know how they will sort it out in the end. I am shocked that the grand prize project currently has way over 20K votes! I am also highly disappointed int eh community it just seems that there should be so many more votes if they were involved but in their defense it is an old community and it would not be surprising in a large portion don't even have email addresses except for the ones with kids.

Thanks again everyone!
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know, the people in the lead may have loads of international votes that might get discounted at the end. We can always hope!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder but truth is I think he project in the lead should be in the lead, not to rain on our project but the lead project has no challengers now and is a great project even if no one votes the rest of the month I don't think any other project will come close to their vote level.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1561 down from first place and the local tv station did a story on it! I put the request in and they did it within a day or two. I hope that helps the big toe ext to us is Sioux Falls SD close to 200K people I hope the pitch in! Thanks everyone for putting up with this it is exciting for our little school! Oh and Please vote every day!

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/fuelthecause/finalists/the-gift-of-music-shared-for-a-lifetime
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all me again

current standings

1529 points behind first place while the first runner up keeps closing the gap to our second place spot, they are now 2492 points behind us. They get closer everyday so please click on the link in my sig and vote or click on the link in the first post and vote! We would really appreciate it!

FYI this is important the difference between these four places is as follows.

grand prize is a 25K grant
first place is 15K grant
second place (on current rank) is 10K grant
first runner up, currently closing on us everyday is 5K grant.
Dollars US. We will be happy with any place we get because it is all money for our music program we don't have but to loose one place in the rank will cut the benefit in half! So please vote everyday! Thanks!
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my daily vote. Wink

BTW, I tried voting more than once with more than one email address, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't work.

For example, right now I went there for the first time today, and it had 7871 votes. So, I voted, entered my email, submitted, and vote count goes to 7872. So far so good.

Now, to try and vote a second time. I refresh the page, or open a new browser window, and go to the address again. But now, vote count is back to 7871 (!)

So I vote again, with a different email address. Now it goes back to 7872. Refresh the window, back to 7871.

I tried it with a different browser (same computer) - same issue. So it seems it's doing something to check.

Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stephen!
Yes I believe they are checking IP addy's and whatever else they can check to stop duplicate voting or multiple voting with different email address. I read the faqs and it seems that is the intent. I tried also to confirm one vote was all that was counted from a couple different emails, as it should be. I understand they are doing checking also to make sure someone didn't buy votes from some of those companies that do such thing, similar to buying friends on FB or Twitter. I have no idea how they check that. I also have no idea how they check if different countries are voting. I assume it is an IP thing but what if it is an email created on a US site. I have no clue. I just try to get the word out.
Thanks again!

Please everyone if you can spare a minute vote!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning shout out everryone! Please give us a a vote today my sig has the link as does the original post. We are just under 1500 points behind first place and first runner up in around 2400 votes behind us.

Please remember to vote everyday the voting goes through April 30th. Thanks!

Cool Angel
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close the ground a bit over the week end just under 1400 points form first place, easily attainable if you all help with a daily vote so please do!

The catch now is the project behind us in around 2300 votes behind so if they get the right support they could catch us. We always get ahead a bt on the weekend but it seems we loose our gains as soon as the week hit. Thanks again everyone please vote daily!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday afternoon here and any ground we made u over the weekend is gone. Back to over 1500 behind first and the project behind us is with in 1200. I won't be surprised if they pass us. Seems that a lot of people have just given up, not here but everywhere. We do well over a weekend but as soon as the week days hit we loose ground fast.

If anyone has the endurance to vote for us please do ti would be great if we could at least hold our current place which would be a 10k grant if the project behind catches us the grant will be cut in half to 5K. So please if you would please vote every day for the rest of the month! I know tis a lot to ask but it really is a good cause! Thanks everyone!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG Problem! We are just over 800 point form losing our second place position we really need your help please vote now and every day for the rest of the week! Thanks!

Really all you people from the states please vote this is a worthy cause and we are so close to losing our spot, please vote once a day for the rest of this month! Thanks!

If we loose the second place spot it will mean a reduction in the grant of at least 5000$ US and this school really needs this money. Please vote everyday for the rest of the month!
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked my voting and it doesn't seem to have been counting.

I made the vote and the count went up, then I refreshed the page and the count went down.

So it must be discounting votes from the UK Sad
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
I just checked my voting and it doesn't seem to have been counting.

I made the vote and the count went up, then I refreshed the page and the count went down.

So it must be discounting votes from the UK Sad

I have seen this behavior as well, here in the USA. I believe it's part of whatever system they use to make sure you don't vote more than once per day.

You go there for the first time, you enter your vote, and you can see it go up by one vote. If you refresh the page, the vote goes back down by one - meaning (I guess) they assume you are going to vote again. So I don't know if it never counts the vote, or just your page will not show the correct vote count when you refresh it, but it's still there.

So I would just enter your vote, watch it go up, and don't refresh. You can't vote more than once, I tried it a number of different ways (strictly for entertainment and research purposes, of course). Wink

mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the first time today and it was at 9747 then when I refreshed the page to use a different email address it dropped by 1..!

Ex Korg UK Technical Support 2002 - 2010

Forum Moderator since 2011

When Words Fail, Music Speaks
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!, I have noticed the same thing but I believe the page isn't refreshing right it does the same thing for me but I think there is a delay in the count.

We are now just over 700 points form losing our second place spot and expect at this rate to be dropped by the end of the day so if you can please vote everyday for the rest of the month. Thanks you to everyone who has tried to help, remember it is a daily vote so please vote everyday! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: