Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vocal Harmony Presets - info on expected inputs from k/board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leebo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Vocal Harmony Presets - info on expected inputs from k/board Reply with quote

Hi all, new to the PA900 and hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my question(s) ...

I was reading the user manual section related to choosing Voice Processor Presets and there are a couple of small mentions about what the keyboard is expecting as inputs (e.g. for 'Chord 3 Voices' the keyboard is scanning the chord input area and expects you to play chords; for 'Notes 3 Voices' the keyboard expects notes from Track 5 of a midi file).

Is there a way of finding out what the other VP Presets are expecting as inputs from either the keyboard or midi tracks? Does Korg have a table published somewhere which covers this?

Also, how would I go about adding info via the PA900's sequencer mode to a Standard Midi File to automate when the vocal harmonies are applied, using a chosen VP Preset, at particular parts of a track?

Thanks in advance for any help Smile
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Pa3x but I think most will apply to the Pa900 as well.
You can check what the keyboard is using for harmony input information by looking at the different pre-sets (Shift-Harmony button, Harmony tab).
Some presets are just to show you that you can use things other than chords so I would leave these alone and simply make your own presets with the method you want.
My thoughts are that trying to build in midi file harmony changes is just too complicated. Better to get a second pedal and plug it into Assignable Pedal and use this to turn Harmony on and off. Your STS's will also remember your harmony settings so you could have say two part harmony on STS1 and three part on STS2. You can always name your STS's to remind you what you have (eg STS1 Guitr H2, STS2 Piano H3). You can also save you own versions of Harmony Presest as ON or OFF so that by pressing say STS 2 harmony is instantly turned on.
The Harmony features can be as simple or as deep as you make them. I have created two versions of most of the Harmony Presets - one set with standard reverb and a second set with Delays that sync with midi file tempos. If you are interested in the latter then I have found these settings to work for me: Delay On, Set: Qtr Note Tape, Level -15db, Source Midi, Div L & R 1/4, Feedback L & R 25%, Hi Cut EQ 1107, Low Cut EQ 201, Duck Amt -13, Lead Level 0.
Another thing I found helpful was to deepen some of the high harmony voices with the Gender down to about -5.
Cheers,
John
Leebo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, thanks for taking the time to reply and for sharing that great information. It's extremely helpful, much appreciated Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: