Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ivory Piano in Module

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahutnick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Ivory Piano in Module Reply with quote

I just bought the Ivory Piano for Module and besides sounding better to my ears than the stock pianos on Module but also more CPU friendly as I was getting occasional burst of noise and dropout when playing the stock Module pianos even at a 256 buffer size and yes I am using a brand new Ipad air2. I can use a 64 buffer size with the ivory piano and while you do definitely run into a polyphony wall when playing lets say ELP for example, I am really quite impressed with the piano sound and feel that it's by far the best acoustic piano for the Ipad!
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the Ivory piano presets sound very good but polyphony is a problem in iPad Mini 2. It feel like about 12 - 14 notes, lots of "stealing" going on. IK's iGrand may lack the long samples and layers but plays well with iPad Mini 2, loads of polyphony even with huge Brahms Intermezzos.

Oddly though even the Korg Module's Wurley performs poorly in the poly department, while again the IK iElectric handles the "hold the low octave and bash down the right forearm" test with no problem.

Great sounds in Ivory Mobile, but unusable for any real playing on iPad Mini 2 - which has no poly issues with any of my instrument apps, and I have most of the good ones!
Current Korg apparatus: MicroStation, MicroKorg, MicroSampler, WaveDrum, Trinity V3, M1REX, Wavestation SR, X5DR, Original Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 controller, iMS-20, DS-10 Plus x2, ELECTRIBE Rhythm Mk ll, iELECTRIBE, Kaossilator, padKONTROL, MicroKONTROL, NanoKey, NanoKontrol, Stage Echo SE-300
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now to accentuate the positive:

I embraced the "restrictions" and "limitations" by using a two octave controller with no sustain pedal input, in my case a Novation Launchkey Mini into a Focusrite iTrack Dock into the iPad Mini 2.

It's a different approach, minimalist, one which allows me to savour every note, every nuance that Ivory Mobile has to offer... which in turn allows me to think and play differently.

Lovely
Current Korg apparatus: MicroStation, MicroKorg, MicroSampler, WaveDrum, Trinity V3, M1REX, Wavestation SR, X5DR, Original Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 controller, iMS-20, DS-10 Plus x2, ELECTRIBE Rhythm Mk ll, iELECTRIBE, Kaossilator, padKONTROL, MicroKONTROL, NanoKey, NanoKontrol, Stage Echo SE-300
ahutnick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Korg can make the Module more CPU friendly in an update. I do have the Ik piano and while it is definitely more CPU friendly than Module to my ears it does not sound as good as the Ivory piano in Module
ahutnick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed quite an improvement with using Module with my Ipad air 2 since updating to IOS 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: