Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Powering taktile 49 without a laptop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mutiny in Jonestown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Powering taktile 49 without a laptop Reply with quote

What's the best way to power a taktile 49 without a computer usb? Will any of those "power strip with usb port" things work or is there a specific one I should look for?

Thanks Wink
Past: Moog Taurus Bass Pedals, Yamaha CP-20, DX-100, SY22, Hammond M2, Hohner D6 Clavinet, SCI Pro-One, Crumar Trilogy, Cat Octave, Roland JX-3P, D50, D20, D70, S10, AlphaJuno1, V-Synth, JD800, JP8000, C-80 Digital Harpsichord, Ensoniq Fizmo, Nord Modular, Waldorf Q, DSI PolyEvolver, Emu Vintage Keys, Crumar Trilogy
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it should work, like these:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=usb+power&_sop=15

---
But the problem is will taktile work standalone without computersoftware?
Mutiny in Jonestown

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradkorg wrote:

But the problem is will taktile work standalone without computersoftware?

Quote from the Taktile 49 manual:

About using the taktile as a standalone MIDI controller
When using a commercial USB-compatible AC adapter
(5 VDC and 550 mA or more), you can also use the
taktile as a standalone MIDI controller without using
any computer.
In this case, when you use a controller on the taktile,
MIDI messages will be output from the MIDI OUT connector

That being said, I'll probably use the software to setup which midi CC's the buttons/sliders/pads call, but I'll be using it as a standalone controller Wink
Past: Moog Taurus Bass Pedals, Yamaha CP-20, DX-100, SY22, Hammond M2, Hohner D6 Clavinet, SCI Pro-One, Crumar Trilogy, Cat Octave, Roland JX-3P, D50, D20, D70, S10, AlphaJuno1, V-Synth, JD800, JP8000, C-80 Digital Harpsichord, Ensoniq Fizmo, Nord Modular, Waldorf Q, DSI PolyEvolver, Emu Vintage Keys, Crumar Trilogy
zwobot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Taktile work with my DAW (Ableton) if I connect the USB to power socket, and the MIDI ports to my audio interface? I guess I'll lose the connection to the software editor, but will I lose any other functionalities too? I wan't to do that to save an USB port on my laptop for something else, and I suspect that Taktile won't work properly on a USB hub... Actually, has anyone had a success connecting this controller through a powered hub? Because that would be the optimal solution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: