Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestation reloaded available
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
postman wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
First off, thanks so much for doing this. I know this was a huge effort.

But I'm not sure how, but I appear to be having an issue. Only about 30% of the programs actually work when I browse thru in disk mode. For example, U-FF 000 works fine, but U-FF 001 does not. When I load it into a slot (U-AA 127 for my test) and look at the sample, it says 'U-DD-29 Init Wave Sequence.' Nothing exists in that entire sample bank from what I can see.

This is a Kronos 88 (orig) running OS 3.02.

Am I the only one having this issue?

I think dfahrner is right. U-FF 001 uses wave sequences U-DD29. Many of the sounds need the waves sequences, especially from U-DD, so be sure to install them all before trying the programs and combinations. By the way: you will only get the true WAVESTATION experience if you play the combinations. The Programs are only the necessary building blocks.

OK thanks. Where do I find that? I looked in my Factory folder and it's not in there. Is there somewhere else I need to look?

I'm not sure if I understand what you are doing, but any custom wavesequences are part of the PCG. You need to load the PCG, not just browse through it in disk mode. I'm not sure that browsing programs that way works if other components like wavesequences aren't already loaded. You can find the bank of wavesequences down inside the PCG, however, by using the OPEN button. You might be able to load that, and then browse programs in disk mode.

If I've misunderstood what you're talking about, my apologies and ...nevermind. Wink

dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
...You can find the bank of wavesequences down inside the PCG, however, by using the OPEN button. You might be able to load that, and then browse programs in disk mode...

That's exactly how I did it...I always like to check out PCG files this way, so I don't have to overwrite entire program banks, but obviously this disk mode approach won't work with combis, which depend on the correct programs being in specific bank locations...and it sounds like combis are the important part of this KRONOS Wavestation implementation, so I'm going to have clear out program banks U-FF and U-GG to load the Wavestation programs...

df
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
postman wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
First off, thanks so much for doing this. I know this was a huge effort.

But I'm not sure how, but I appear to be having an issue. Only about 30% of the programs actually work when I browse thru in disk mode. For example, U-FF 000 works fine, but U-FF 001 does not. When I load it into a slot (U-AA 127 for my test) and look at the sample, it says 'U-DD-29 Init Wave Sequence.' Nothing exists in that entire sample bank from what I can see.

This is a Kronos 88 (orig) running OS 3.02.

Am I the only one having this issue?

I think dfahrner is right. U-FF 001 uses wave sequences U-DD29. Many of the sounds need the waves sequences, especially from U-DD, so be sure to install them all before trying the programs and combinations. By the way: you will only get the true WAVESTATION experience if you play the combinations. The Programs are only the necessary building blocks.

OK thanks. Where do I find that? I looked in my Factory folder and it's not in there. Is there somewhere else I need to look?

I'm not sure if I understand what you are doing, but any custom wavesequences are part of the PCG. You need to load the PCG, not just browse through it in disk mode. I'm not sure that browsing programs that way works if other components like wavesequences aren't already loaded. You can find the bank of wavesequences down inside the PCG, however, by using the OPEN button. You might be able to load that, and then browse programs in disk mode.

If I've misunderstood what you're talking about, my apologies and ...nevermind. Wink

Ah ok. No, that's exactly what I was talking about. I didn't load anything because I don't have any free empty banks and usually browse via disk mode and only load in ones that interest me.

I haven't worked much with wave sequences and didn't realize they were a separate part of the PCG. I just manually loaded them and all is well.

Thanks guys!
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
vladsu

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Can't wait to download but the link isn't working on my mac.

Use for the loading not Safari, but Chrome Very Happy
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Donation sent.

..Joe

PS: If you folks like this, don't forget to donate. It's only a measly 5 Euros for all the work.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vladsu safari works but it takes a control click.
rs.felicio
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Postman, undoubtedly one of the most brilliant works I've seen for Kronos ....Congratulations, I can imagine how many hours was invested in this package.

I regret that We still have Kronos restrictions on the:
- User bank quantities.
- Easy way to manage wavesequences (cut/paste).

I believe that in a few months, this limitation will became a big restriction to the "new sound package sales" for Korg and partners....
tomto66

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Postman, thank you very much, I can't believe the amount of effort that must have gone into this. Very impressive!
coyote144
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Work. I'm not sure I will use these sounds everyday, but I made a donation to reward this great work for the Kronos community!
postman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

I would like to thank you all for the kind words and the donations. Yes, it was a lot of work (took me 1,5 year), but I liked to do it. It was a bit like embroidering for a synthesizer guy. Something to distract the mind and get at ease.

Anyway, if someone has a real Wavestation, please, make a comparison! Since I never owned a Wavestation myself, I am wondering if it is close.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a year and a half on, I finally got time to check this out! Shocked Very Happy

It's pretty amazing, and I have made my PayPal donation in appreciation of the effort made. I don't have the original Wavestation myself, but it sounds pretty close to my Legacy Cell Plugin (and you assume Korg did a good job on that Wink )

I have just finished an exercise in getting all of the sound libraries I have downloaded/purchased into two PCG files for hopefully easier noodling/inspiration, and you Wavestation is now in there. Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, here's my comparison of a Wavestation VST patch to the Kronos Wavestation patch City of Tomorrow.

https://clyp.it/j4ka2ryt

Sounds much alike to me. Especially in the end.
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing this! The sounds are fantastic.
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wavestation reloaded available Reply with quote

That's just amazing, man. Thanks.

Now where are those additional program and combi bank locations when you need them? DAMN!
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
robw70

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now where are those additional program and combi bank locations when you need them?

In your second, third and fourth kronos.... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: