Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arrainger Wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
presslink

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Arrainger Wanted Reply with quote

Where can I find someone to program or prepare my Kronos and all the paraphernalia for upcoming shows on Long Island?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look inside and you shall find... Wink

Seriously, it would help to dig in a little yourself. You'll still need to manage a bunch of stuff even if someone else programs it.

If you're looking for specific sounds and you need someone to make them for you, guys like Enigmahack, BurningBusch, AnthonySharman, SoundsOfPlanet, KidNepro and BasariStudios have provided high quality free and paid collections in the past and might possibly want to help you out with some custom work.

Apologies to anyone I may be forgetting.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Arrainger Wanted Reply with quote

presslink wrote:
Where can I find someone to program or prepare my Kronos and all the paraphernalia for upcoming shows on Long Island?

I would think you will get a few Pm's from our experienced Kronos owners.

If not, in a few days, post again.
presslink

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could just dig in, the issue is my kids band has become popular in a short period of time, and they were just handed a 30 song set of new and very complicated songs, and it would be easier from a practice stand point to have someone set up all the sounds and organize the keyboards, because our learning curve would be a disaster. So we have been handed the latest kronos88, a mac air with Komplete installed, a mini controller, & a second key board for additional sounds along with a 30 song set. You would probably find that exciting, but I have zero experience.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

presslink wrote:
I wish I could just dig in, the issue is my kids band has become popular in a short period of time, and they were just handed a 30 song set of new and very complicated songs, and it would be easier from a practice stand point to have someone set up all the sounds and organize the keyboards, because our learning curve would be a disaster. So we have been handed the latest kronos88, a mac air with Komplete installed, a mini controller, & a second key board for additional sounds along with a 30 song set. You would probably find that exciting, but I have zero experience.

I think we have a real challenge here... And a dissaster comming up if you dont get anyone to help you
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sense a lot of backing tracks in your near future. Good luck!

Also, speaking from experience, management isn't always aware what's needed for musicians to deliver a good performance. It can be difficult to stand your ground in the face of this big "engine" but it's essential to have good dialog going if you're in it for the long haul. Giving any band "30 new complicated songs", even disregarding new gear, is kind of a challenge. Not that they couldn't learn to play them, but going from there to doing a good show and looking not just comfortable but rocking on stage is pretty tough.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What specifically do you need? Sequence? Combis? Standard fare- pianos, organs, strings, horns? Splits? Layers? Remember, if you go into this not knowing what is going on, you could be looking at a major train wreck during live performance is something goes south on you.
presslink

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have done several shows at decent size venues, and I have had to program my own stuff, but having 30 songs to do, I need someone to get it all programed so that I can spend the time practicing. I'm only 14 by the way.

Here is a link to one of our shows, I'm to the right with my set up so yo can get an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuqQplNSPpk
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an earlier post you said "my kid's band". You're 14 with a kid? Anyway, all don't understand what you are asking for. The song in the video sounds like the same 3 chords over and over. Again- what specifically are you needing?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curiouser and curiouser.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe when he says his kids band he means his band of kids. I also think the Kronos depth has him a bit flustered and he needs guidance. Op sorry if you are not a he but a she either way you need to be very specific about what you need the songs you are doing etc. You may find setups on the kronos for a lot of them already done and there are some great programmers here to help but be very specific. Give a list of songs, then start with the most important and be very clear what you need to accomplish on the corns for each one. Take it one at a time initially and if the gig has to tight a time frame nows the time to get with your manager or promoter or whomever wants all this done.
presslink

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Song list Reply with quote

My Dad set this up, than sent me the link. I posted the link so you could see the keyboard setup. We have 13 shows coming up starting July 12th, here is the set list for those shows. I have started to set it up, but both my dad and I realized that what takes us forever to do, someone else could do in an hour, so that was why we posted.

I Gotta Feeling
Classic
Smooth
Shut up and dance
Demons
River of Dreams
I Lived by One Republic- Arty Remix)
Do My Thing (Estelle ft. Janelle Monae)
Happy
Good Time - Owl City
Shake it Off (Mimicking style of Lyrics)
Viva La Vida
Thinking Out Loud
Diamonds (Rihanna)
Sky Full of Stars (Coldplay)
Style
Don't you Worry Child
What makes you Beautiful
Little Talks
Who Says - Selena Gomez
Heroes by Alesso, feat. Tove Lo
Stole the Show
This is My Now
Ever Ever After
Hall of Fame - The Script
Top of the World
New York New York
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another link to these Guys and Girls playing, pretty good I think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR1c5EhkMDI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: