Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Wiz

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Electribe 2 Question Reply with quote

Hi guys.
I've recently bought an Electribe 2 and I'm just getting the hang of it.
First question.
I can get it to sync with Tracktion, FL Studio no problem but with Live9 I can't get the midi latency close.
If I mute all parts except the one I'm playing out and run it into Live9 it records the midi notes but with a slight delay. I have to quantize to get it in time after. Any advice on how to get midi and audio latency somewhere near?

Second question is...
I've made a pattern and saved it. Then I altered it a bit and wrote it to the next template slot and ended up with 4 patterns I can switch between to make a song.
Ok all is good so far but when I play a pattern through and change the Filter or Resonance so its bubbling along nicely and then select the next pattern in the song I find the Filter and resonance jump back to the setting that was saved with the pattern.
Am I doing something wrong here?
It makes sense that the filters would carry across onto the next pattern so you can carry on twiddling or am I mistaken?
While I'm here, It seems to be a bit of a backward step to have to remove the Memory card, put it in a card reader and copy the files in Win Explorer when it has a mini usb connection.
It would make sense for you to be able to access the card from the pc as a drive.
Thanks in advance

Dave

I'm on Win7SP1, Pentium CPU G3440 @ 3.30GHz Dual core, 3490 MBytes Ram, M-audio Delta 404 soundcard and asio drivers.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All parameter values are saved with the pattern, so they will snap to the saved values whenever a pattern changes. That's how it rolls...

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
dutchcow

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The E2 is crippled, you either deal with it or return it and hope Korg will eventually make it less handicapped. It's sad but true.
sharps030

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Crippled' lol. If it couldn't save patches with it's patterns, that would be crippled.

Putting your knobs in jump mode may help, believe it or not. Any knob that you're actively turning as the pattern changes, shouldn't be that much of an audible difference.

You may have better luck getting filter changes to persist between patterns with the MFX filters?
Psychcowboy

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: E2 not 'crippled' Reply with quote

I agree with Sharps 'save pattern' should do just that.

ps: question even Korg hasn't been able to answer yet. a standard issue with the preset patterns is that some pads play a different note depending on what steps they are assigned to in the sequence. does anyone know what causes this, how to edit/disable it etc? in general if I have a pad playing a note on beat 1, if I assign it to beat 9 also I want it to play the same note, thx.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's due to the trigger mode selected. You can have it play a standard c4 or have the pad play the first note in the sequence.
Psychcowboy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: ok i will check the 'trigger mode' Reply with quote

not in front of my E2 right now, but I assume it is easy to find?

ps: here is my latest E2/Micron sketch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH7HRR57o2c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: