Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sv-1 Editor Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
altok

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Sv-1 Editor Problems Reply with quote

I just recently got an SV-1 88key and I have been using it in Ableton Live perfectly. All the midi works as it should. I thought I would try using the editor and I installed it and came up with an error message during the install. "/Lirbary/Java/Extension/libmmj.jnilib could not create this file. Shall I try again?" if you click yes the error message immediately pops back up. if you click no you get one more error message saying: "/Lirbary/Java/Extension/mmj.jar Could not create this file. Shall I try again" again if you click yes it pops back up and if you click no the install continues and finishes. Then when I go to open the program only the backup menu shows and nothing else works. I have restarted everything and reinstalled Java tried different usb ports. no luck. Please advise.

Macbook pro 15 late 2013 running OS X yosemite 10.10
teddyc1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Java? Reply with quote

I'm curious to know how you did with this problem.
I run 10.8 on the Mini and 10.4.11 (older laptop) but not (yet?) with a SV-1.

At first glance I have to wonder whether your Java version is compatible. I'd look in that direction if I were you, and experiment with older and newer versions of Java. Maybe older versions of Java would work better. Just a guess.
Former gear: Fender Rhodes MKII suitcase, Roland Juno 6.
teddyc1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: found it Reply with quote

Try this solution, basically create a new user profile and work from that; I know another guy who used this tip and it worked for him:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=80088
racebannon

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue with Yosemite 10.10.2. I had to install a legacy Java before I could begin the Editor installation. During install of the Editor, I received exactly the same errors as altok

When I open SV1 Editor it only displays the Backup tab. No navigation or operation beyond that, leaving the Editor useless.

My assumption is an incompatibility to current Mac OS. Will there be an update to the Editor?
teddyc1

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There probably will not be any update to the Editor. If you could, please post which legacy version of Java and the most recent Mac OS that has worked for you.

If I were to guess, I'd say the problem is more with Java than it is with the OS; but I'm not a programmer, so that's just a guess based upon continual problems I keep hearing about Java.
halswift

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Same Issue Reply with quote

Hello, I just received my SV-1 and I am also getting the same errors as racebannon and altok. It happens on both Javascript 6 and the latest Javascript 8. I am running Yosemite OS X 10.10.2

It seems quite unacceptable to sell a device that cannot be edited properly as advertised.
halswift

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Same Issue Reply with quote

FIXED!

Korg's software support page does not have the updated editing software. It has 1.1 editor but not the updated 1.2 editor. HOWEVER the SV-1 product page does have the correct updated installation editor software 1.2.

1. Go to the product page and select the "specifications" tab:
http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/sv_1_black/page_3.php

2. Scroll to the bottom and download the 1.2 editor software:

Hope that helps everyone!

Thanks!
-Hal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: