Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New tribes and aira combo......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Volca Sample. It seems a bit underrated as I personally find it the most appealing of the entire Volca range. It's got a wide range of sounds and ways to tweak them into totally new sounds. It's got a raw sound and run it through a compressor pedal and you're good! I think it'd be a fantastic companion to the Electribe!
Steinberger

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a System-1m, MS-20M, MS2000BR and electribe2. The filters on the System-1m are very nice (VA or not) and those filter options expand with every plug-out they release. That being said, with all these units supporting Audio-In, I'm swimming in signal flow and filtering options at the moment but the System-1/m with the electibe2 is powerful. The things sound simply awesome.
blackmental

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paega wrote:

Hell for 500 dollars you could get an ES1 and ER1 and have tons of options for drums : )

Music is not about options.
And if you think you're gonna achieve anything based on a money/functions ratio, you still got a looong way to go, mate... Wink

You'll be able to do great with almost nothing but work and dedication.
We are spoiled nowadays, it's even too much!

Just buy what you can afford and enjoy to play.
Cheers.
Youtube : https://Youtube.com/BlackMentalMusic
Facebook : https://Facebook.com/BlackMentalMusic
Twitter : https://Twitter.com/Black__Mental

. . . Check our latest release . . .
evolakim

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently using my e2 with a TR8 and the new Roland MX1. Let me tell you, it is the most fun, by far, that I have had making music in a LONG time.
I'm an Ableton Live and Maschine/Komplete user so I have literally endless options when it comes to making music. But going back to hardware has really been inspiring for me. The limitations force me make quick decisions and I have way more fun just "playing" music! Endless options can be crippling I've found.
Before I got the MX1 I was having a blast just running the e2 thru the aTr8 input with side chain and using the e2 strictly as a synth. But the MX1 really completed th setup. So much fun. I actually use a few other pieces in this setup too. Bass Station 2 and a Roland RC 505 Loop station. I use the 505 kinda like a sampler for vocals and such.
I was planning on getting the Electribe Sampler when it comes out but I think I'll wait for some demos.
So, what's the word on the Volca Sample? Are you guys diggin it?
captain johnson

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volca sample rocks!! Sooo much fun and easy to pick up tricky to master vibe.
Everyone should have one.

However, the tr-8,e2 plus volcas through mx-1 is prob my biggest wet dream right now.

Tell me how easy is mx1 to hook up to ableton etc?
Does all output come through the one USB cable to all channels??
evolakim

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I think I might have to pick one up!
Yes the Tr8, e2, MX1 is an AMAZINGLY combo!!! Like I said, it's the most fun I've ever had making music by myself!! The MX1 has its quirks like every piece of gear. But the sequencable effects are so awesome! The whole interface is just so playable! Good times.
It's pretty easy to hook up to Live. There's three different modes. Mixer mode, Controller surface, ext. mixing. I honestly haven't used it much connected to my computer. I've been all about the hardware setup lately. But, you can mix incoming sounds from the computer on the mx1.
captain johnson

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evolakim wrote:
Cool. I think I might have to pick one up!
Yes the Tr8, e2, MX1 is an AMAZINGLY combo!!! Like I said, it's the most fun I've ever had making music by myself!! The MX1 has its quirks like every piece of gear. But the sequencable effects are so awesome! The whole interface is just so playable! Good times.
It's pretty easy to hook up to Live. There's three different modes. Mixer mode, Controller surface, ext. mixing. I honestly haven't used it much connected to my computer. I've been all about the hardware setup lately. But, you can mix incoming sounds from the computer on the mx1.

I'm sure i saw a vid where you can send all incoming audio, including ext analog signals, through the one usb port into separate channels on ableton. If so MX-1 is awesome!
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience is slightly different: after failing to truly connect with the new Electribe, I returned it and got a Roland TR-8. I had an 808 back in the day (about '83 / '84) and then sold it on when the DR-110 was released (seriously). From there I moved on from there to a 707. Flash forward 30+ years and my curiousity was seriously piqued by the TR-8, as it offered the 808 sound at a very reasonable price.

Now, does the TR-8 sound like a real 808/909/707/727? Well ... I dunno ... close enough for me, with plenty of extra fun stuff thrown in, too. As I said, I haven't had an 808 or 707 in almost 30 years, so there you go. I actually spent more time with the 707 than the 808 and that sounds really close to my poor memory. I bury 'em in reverb anyway! I used an outboard Fostex reverb a lot back then, so the onboard reverb is much, much nicer (even the "crappy" settings). The onboard delay is interesting, too. Setting what instruments get what effect and what step the effect comes in on is very cool - much like a poor man's motion sequencing (on the EMX). I've yet to run it through outboard FX, but that will come along soon enough.

Last night I synced the two up and the let the EMX run it's course while tweaking the TR-8. LOADS OF FUN!! My beloved EMX is not going anywhere, but now has a pretty swell new friend to play with.

ADDENDUM: this is not to say the new Electribe is not a viable instrument or anything like that. It just didn't fit for me. There are plenty of people doing really good music (to my ears) with it. I'm looking forward to hearing some (more) examples of the new Electribe (and the Sampler) alongside the TR-8 and the EMX.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to my local noisy improvisation night a few weeks ago and a guy brought along a TR-8, and watching him play with it it looked like a whole massive load of fun. I can imagine if I made music as a duo, and had more chance to tweak live, I would absolutely have one on front of me to tweak.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: