Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using a MIDI controller with an iPad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DimensionX

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Using a MIDI controller with an iPad Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've been looking into sampler/sequencers like the Octatrack and Electribes to perform progressive/experimental electronic music with lots of sound design with synths, I also like to pitch shift/time stretch drum samples etc.

I've seen Cubasis, Auria and FL studio mobile but Im wondering can you use a MIDI controller (like an MAudio Axiom 25) to control every parameter? (being a ableton user who can simply plugin a midi controller to a laptop and assign the buttons/keys to wherever in the daw is what I'm used to so it got me thinking, why don't i just get an iPad and midi controller? That way at least ill have a larger screen to work on between synths, samples and sequencing instead of working in a crazy workflow like the octatrack, or is this not possible with iPads?

Thank you.
Best
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say there are some if's, if the parameter you want to control is class compliant cc and if the midi device allows programing said cc, then I don't see why not. I have used the QuNexus to control a few different parameters but the editor allowed it and the app also allowed it.

I think you will have to make sure both items will communicates in this regard. Not to hard to check if you know which ones you will be using.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: