Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monotribe question from newbie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulemery

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Monotribe question from newbie Reply with quote

Hi,
I wanted to buy the Microbrute but can't afford it so am looking at the Monotribe. I wanted a bit of advice on the Monotribe really.
A- the "sync" section on the Monotribe looks interesting in terms of inputting another synth to it to play its features etc but I use Garageband and a lot of soft synths and drum machines like Spark (demo) and wondered if I use say an apple drum loop for the basis of a song can I then connect the Monotribe to GB to sync to that drum loop or a drum pattern from Spark ? Its no good me having the monotribe if i can't play it in time with the rest of the song. Someone did mention you can sync with a click track in the Monotribe but does this feature allow me to do the above?
Im not really very experienced in syncing stuff with MIDI etc..I usually just wing it and play things manually if its got a keyboard or an arp but this thing only has a ribbon so….
Many thanks in advance.
Paul
https://soundcloud.com/porlemery/sober-from-forthcoming-metal-horses-album-decelerator-2015
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to use the sequencer on monotribe,so you want to sync it with GB.
If you feed a sync click into MT it will play in time with the click track.I fake one with a drum signal from my ER-1 drum machine.A snare made really short with a decay control.As long as the polarity is right and the divisions are sequenced at 8th notes (or whatever) then yes -perfect sync.
You need an out put from a track in GB playing this click out your mac into MT then audio from MT recorded into a new track on mac.These are both mono signals.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you need to be able to output an extra track from your mac or spark (for click) as well as listen to your stereo signal of your master out.
chris-korg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice as a proud Monotribe user for many years (this was my first synth): try to get a (used) MIDIFIED Monotribe, this make life much more easier (you can connect an external Keyboard to program a sequence, or an external sequencer, or your DAW...)
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes-what chris-korg said ^ (good advice).
Wow Chris ,your first synth.You must have a real soft spot for her ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: