Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

basic questions about EMX-1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lekker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: basic questions about EMX-1 Reply with quote

Hi,

im completely new to this kind of stuff and i decided to buy emx-1

My questions are:
1) When i plug to the electribe only headphones but not the speakers, will i hear still sound from headphones?
2) What kind of speakers i need to buy to plug them into the electribe (what kind of jack should they have).

Thank you for all of your responses.
kofla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Yes, they are independent.

2) this one:

_INTER_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However I think that outputs 3/4 and L/R bypass effects and tubes right?
thesigma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No only outputs 3/4 bypass tubes and fx.
lekker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answers.
just to be sure i want to ask if it does mather how are the speakers connected to electribe > http://i57.tinypic.com/2hggr28.png if the both ways works good.

or better if you could recommend me som specific type of speakers that should i buy to electribe.
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your speakers are powered, you're good to go.

For reference, here are some powered speakers (active monitors): http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ErisE4.5.

If not, you'll need to power your speakers with an amp.

Last edited by Blue Monster 65 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
lekker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not really. Pictures would help. But i dont have speakers yet, I just wanna know what kind should i buy.
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent: more later
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first picture is the correct way: get two 1/4"-tip cables (2 mono cables, like guitar ones) and connect the Left channel to the left speaker and right channel to the right. Having stereo is almost a necessity with the EMX: you'll be able to have more sounds playing at once without getting muddy if you adjust how far left or right each Part is.

You'll definitely want a set of "studio monitor" speakers...little ones that plug into the wall and take 1/4" guitar cables jacks, ideally. If they take RCA (the red and white type like a DVD or record player) that's fine, you just need some simple plug converters. Computer speakers are alright if you're on a budget, but you'll want decent speakers/headphones eventually. The ones I keep hearing people talk about are the "KRK Rokit" series, great because they're small and they give you an accurate idea of the sound. Avoid s**t like BEATS® because they're overpriced and tuned for bass, which sounds great...until you record and discover your actual music lacks low-end.
lekker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i have to buy studio monitors. But do they need to have RCA output or 1/4 output or can they have any output that i can change with plug converter? And are powered all of the studio monitos or just some of them?
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not all studio monitors are powered (or "active") - they must be specified as such.

You'll need 1/4" mono plugs to come out of your EMX. The other ends of the cables will be decided by what connectors are on your monitors. You might use adapters, should they be needed, but you can always buy cables that have the proper ends on them.

A tip: save your money until you can buy some decent quality monitors; don't settle for whatever because that's all you can afford at the time. If you buy cheap at first, you're only going to have to upgrade later. While you're learning, headphones are perfectly fine.
Chris26

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject: Great Choice Reply with quote

You might need PreSonus Eris E4.5 to blast your music in your room. Also, it also helps that it is very affordable.

https://homestudiomaven.com/studio-monitors/presonus-eris-e4-5-review
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: