Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording with MR2000S 2 x DSD files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rrroberts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Recording with MR2000S 2 x DSD files Reply with quote

Just picked up a Korg Mr2000s and updated the drive to a 320g unit. All works great and the unit works well for it's intended purpose of archiving vinyl and tapes to 2XDSD. One problem has come up though and I was hoping someone might have dealt with this or have some advise. I was experimenting with recording a DVDA disk via RCA's in 2Xdsd mode and planned to record the entire disk to 1 file. When I went into the project directory there were actually 4 DSF files in there and I did not pause/stop the recorder or press the mark button. Now I can combine them into one file with the Audiogate software and it seems to not add any noise or glitch but is there a setting I can change to get it to record into 1 single file. The breaks in the recording did not match up to track changes by the way, they seemed to be random and were not of the same file sizes or anything like that. A bit confusing as the manual does not mention anything about size or time limits in recording and implies it will just record on into one file until you run out of hard drive space. Thanks for any help Russ
oldears

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is fine, FAT32 allows files of 1 Gb so the Korg starts a new file. Each will be 1.07Gb except the last one. Just import them into Audiogate highlight them and click on combine. It will stitch them together, and you will have one large file. Incidently you can then copy this large file into the Audio folder and the Korg will play it?
You have probably worked this out by now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: