Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hold Display on teh Pa900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruno 123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Hold Display on teh Pa900 Reply with quote

I have moved from a Pa800 to a Pa900. I used the Display Hold on the Pa800 often. Is there any way I can hold or extend the display on the Pa900? The pages turn off so quickly given me little time to select what I want.

Thank You, John C.
Snorkum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, but I don't understand what you are talking about. My PA900 doesn't do that. My pages stay until I exit them or select a new page.??????
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hold Display on teh Pa900 Reply with quote

Bruno 123 wrote:
I have moved from a Pa800 to a Pa900. I used the Display Hold on the Pa800 often. Is there any way I can hold or extend the display on the Pa900? The pages turn off so quickly given me little time to select what I want.

Thank You, John C.

Try Global > General Controls > Interface page to set or unset Display Hold. There is no dedicated button on the PA900

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar

Last edited by Thoraldus on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the 'hold' time adjustable? Does the Pa3x work in similar fashion? Have to say I like the 'display hold' button on the older Pa series.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
Is the 'hold' time adjustable? Does the Pa3x work in similar fashion? Have to say I like the 'display hold' button on the older Pa series.

Page 249 of the User Manual ...

"Display Hold

On/Off

When this parameter is checked, if you open a temporary windows (like the Sound Select window), it remains in the display until you press EXIT or an operating mode button. When it is not checked, any temporary window closes after a certain time."

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hold Display on teh Pa900 Reply with quote

Bruno 123 wrote:

Thank You, John C.

Sorry, but there's no dedicated 'Display hold' button anymore on PA900 (or PA3X).
I miss it too, because I used it a lot on my PA800.
(although it's only one of the few things I miss).

Would be nice if Korg changed the OS, so that we could use an assignable button for this.

And while the'yre busy doing that, please also give us the possibility to turn on/off the auto fill button by default... I keep forgetting to put it on. Smile

Play in style. Wink
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My autofill button stays on. As Bruno now has my PA900 I can't look at the settings, but you have to save your power-on preferences. Be sure the proper Locks are set also.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hold Display on teh Pa900 Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
... but there's no dedicated 'Display hold' button anymore on PA900 (or PA3X) ..

Maybe you did not found the FUNCTION "Display hold" because it is not a button (or designable button) but a CHECKBOX of GENERAL CONTROLS named "DISPLAY HOLD on". It is existing in Pa900 and Pa3X.

When this parameter is checked, if you open a temporary win-
dows (like the Sound Select window), it remains in the display
until you press EXIT or an operating mode button. When it is
not checked, any temporary window closes after a certain time.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, Siebenhirter,
but I know that the function exists in the menu.
It was just so much handier to have it under a button's press.

No big deal really, but it's never nice to do a step backwards, as you probably know well, reading some of your posts on these forums. Laughing

It's only one of the few things that's missing compared to PA800 though.
The list of improvements is waaaaay longer.

Play in style. Wink
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Display Hold, Fill-Button, Fill-Mode, Fill-Mode-Lock .. etc Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
.. it's never nice to do a step backwards ..
.. list of improvements is waaaaay longer.

Hello Frans,
it is good at least to hear there is one in that community not being blinded to recognize a step backward

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: