Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

different drum kits for var1 - var4 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chetna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: different drum kits for var1 - var4 ? Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it possible to have different drum kits for var1 - var4 in a style in pa800 ?
I tried but it keeps only the last drum kit I chose for all the VARS.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Chetna
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can have a different drum kit/Sound for every Style Element per track. You would have to go to Style Record Mode, apply the changes and then save.

Chetna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sam for the prompt reply.

Yes, I wend to style record mode and copy from a another style and copied to var1, var2 etc. But after saving I find its always the last one. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. IS there a global setting or something that I need to change ?

Chetna
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think or remember if there is a Global setting for this. I've never had to take an extra step to make this work. When in Style play mode (not record mode) there's a check box somewhere on the screen...Is that checked?

siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: change variations drumset Reply with quote

Chetna wrote:
.. always the last one. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. IS there a global setting or something that I need to change ?

It is important to know that a style consists of some style-sequences and one style-setting/style-performance.

Settings necessary for sequences of each style-element - like sound and drum-set for style-tracks - are edited and saved with style-editor. If you need style-elements with different drum-sets, edit and save each style-element with different drumsets and you can use them for playing.

If you change drumsets for one style-element and save this style outside style-editor, you commonly save this drumset as style-performance for all of your style-elements - you only made a simple change of drumsets for your style-setting. changes in style-settings are common for all style-elements of one style. It is the same with tempo - you can change tempo in style-settings for all of your variations, but you can change tempo individual for each variation in style-sequences - done with style-editor.

If you changed and saved a drumset for a variation in style-settings you did not change the "original style-sounds" of a style-element as you can hear using checkbox "original style-sounds". Unchecked this you hear your drumset, but this is valid for all style-elements.

Only changing sounds/drumsets and some more parameters of your sequences in record-mode of style-editor allows to use different parameters in each different style-element of one style - and this are "original style-sounds" of each style-sequence.

In case of unchecked "original style-sounds" each style-element use the same track-settings saved as last one.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chetna wrote:
Yes, I wend to style record mode and copy from a another style and copied to var1, var2 etc. But after saving I find its always the last one.

While in Record/menu/style edit/copy fm style , you can face different copy function behavior :
- When copy a single Var track then only midi events will be copied.
- When you copy the whole Var from another style , also track sound assignment will be copied.
In the same style you can use Style Elements Track Control/screen drop down menu / Copy Sounds.

Also remember that in Style mode/Original Style Sounds box must be checked in order style can follow recording mode
track sound assignment per Var.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Chetna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sam / Siebenhirter / AntonySharmman.

I was not well and could not try your suggestions. I will try and give an update.

regards,

Chetna
Chetna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it worked after checking the "Original Style Sounds" box.

Thanks Sam / Siebenhirter / AntonySharmman.

Appreciate your help.

Chetna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: