Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Van stolen with Kronos inside (Netherlands)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! So sorry to hear man. Sounds like you already talked to insurance, but if you can AVOID saying you used it professionally. Our insurance took that was "Not our problem then."

Since we have installed am Alarm in the truck with real time tracking. AudioVox connection Pro. Not sure iof we 'll keep it (We originally asked for Lojack) but this thing is instantaneous to locate the truck as long as they don't know to pull it from the ODBII port.

Best of luck finding your gear and vehicle. MAKE SURE you blast it on Facebook and social media! That's how ours was found.
nowtime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, is it possible there could be a miracle here? Sending out lucky thoughts your way!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I officially signed my car over to the insurance last week. If they find it before the end of the month I'll get it back, otherwise they pay 11.5k. Which isn't an entirely unrealistic amount I guess but not near what I paid to buy and maintain it of course. I still really hope they find it (preferably with gear) but at least I know what I have to deal with now. All the officials I've spoken to tell me to forget about finding it.

I'm considering a LoJack thing too but right now it's an extra expense I'm reluctant to make. The police and the insurance guy also said one of those old fashioned mechanical steering wheel or pedal locks helps. Just enough to slow them down or move to the next vehicle.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

AMAZINGLY, MY VAN WAS FOUND!
Right now it's at the police compound. I went by there but wasn't allowed to open the vehicle to check for my stuff because the CSI dudes weren't done yet and unfortunately had already left for the lab. Monday they will probably be done and I check if my equipment is there and if the car is alright inside. Just walking around it, it looked perfectly fine, just had the license plates removed since it was found with stolen ones.

I don't want to be too happy yet because I don't know if my stuff is in there. But this morning when the forensics guy called me I asked about contents and he said there was "quite some equipment in the back"... Here's to hoping it's not a bunch of construction gear or whatever.

Oh and most amazing of all, it was found in Amsterdam North! It didn't even leave the city! Idiots. Everyone I spoke to said it would be long gone to Poland or Czech Republic or somewhere far away.

EDIT:
Since my only way of dealing with this tragedy was going into turbo mode, I now have a complete duplicate setup apart from the Kronos (which I can't afford anymore since I have to pay back the insurance), so if anyone wants to buy a brand new K&M 18953 stand with all attachments or an Ultimate Apex 48 Pro Plus, both with bag, or a Ventilator pedal with footswitch, or a Hammond XB1... Let me know.
Assuming all my gear is still in there. Thanks for all the support, guys!
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news Smile
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, man. Hope all the gear is still there. Smile
MusicLive

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sander,

I've only just got to see this post...what a shock for you!
Real sorry this has happened.

Amazing that they've recovered the van
Fingers crossed all your gear is still there and is OK.

Good Luck and Kind Regards,

MC
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing news, if the equipment contents are still intact, as I hope they are! Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fingers crossed Sander. Let's hope most is still inside and intact!

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATE Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
AMAZINGLY, MY VAN WAS FOUND!
Right now it's at the police compound. I went by there but wasn't allowed to open the vehicle to check for my stuff because the CSI dudes weren't done yet and unfortunately had already left for the lab. Monday they will probably be done and I check if my equipment is there and if the car is alright inside. Just walking around it, it looked perfectly fine, just had the license plates removed since it was found with stolen ones.

I don't want to be too happy yet because I don't know if my stuff is in there. But this morning when the forensics guy called me I asked about contents and he said there was "quite some equipment in the back"... Here's to hoping it's not a bunch of construction gear or whatever.

Oh and most amazing of all, it was found in Amsterdam North! It didn't even leave the city! Idiots. Everyone I spoke to said it would be long gone to Poland or Czech Republic or somewhere far away.

EDIT:
Since my only way of dealing with this tragedy was going into turbo mode, I now have a complete duplicate setup apart from the Kronos (which I can't afford anymore since I have to pay back the insurance), so if anyone wants to buy a brand new K&M 18953 stand with all attachments or an Ultimate Apex 48 Pro Plus, both with bag, or a Ventilator pedal with footswitch, or a Hammond XB1... Let me know.
Assuming all my gear is still in there. Thanks for all the support, guys!

OMG Sander! Are you and I living in a parallel universe?

That's great news. Hopefully you'll luck out as I did. I know what you mean about going "turbo mode" I now have Two Kronos boards in my house, though the original will be up for sale in the near future!

Good luck on the final outcome. Smile
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: w Reply with quote

So glad your van was found. Try to keep positive and let us know the final outcome
No No No
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, frustratingly my car still hasn't been released. I did get a letter from our version of the DMV that said my car had been stolen and thus suspended, and now that it had been found I needed to sign something to accept liability again before I could reclaim the vehicle. So I wonder if that's why they won't release it. Although I don't understand in that case why they won't at least let me open it and check my gear.

I'll call again on Monday...
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping it all works out to a positive ending! Smile

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Thanks guys, frustratingly my car still hasn't been released. I did get a letter from our version of the DMV that said my car had been stolen and thus suspended, and now that it had been found I needed to sign something to accept liability again before I could reclaim the vehicle. So I wonder if that's why they won't release it. Although I don't understand in that case why they won't at least let me open it and check my gear.

I'll call again on Monday...

Frustrating indeed just wondering why they can't just tell you if, all. The gear was still inside.. After all you are the owner of it? Strange doings there in !amsterdam
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem was that the car was marked as part of an ongoing investigation in the system and then I'm not allowed to touch it. The forensics expert who originally called me did say that there was "gear" in the back but he had no clue what it all was and if it was complete, which I do understand.

Anyway, after three weeks, two thousand euros in hastily bought replacement gear twelve phone calls and about five heart attacks, today my car was finally released and towed to the garage. I got to open the cargo area and wonder of wonders, everything seems there, down to my Samsonite clothing bag. My cable case had obviously moved around some since it was lying on top of my unprotected JX10 (I never bring it to a gig and don't have a case for it). My organ looked to be in an uncomfortable position in a bag between two heavy things but basically everything is complete.

The car itself wouldn't start and there was a gasoline smell in the driver/passenger cabin, the police thought it might have been involved in an arseny. But hopefully all that is cosmetic or minor and the garage can fix it up well. I couldn't get my stuff out yet since there was no way to transport the bulk of it in the small car I borrowed from my brother, but it's safe at the garage now and I'll get it back soon. Together with a steering wheel lock and a LoJack.

I wish I felt more relieved. I know I should be, and I am, but I'm also only now starting to feel angry and violated that those a-holes put me through this. Hopefully I'll feel better in a few days. I lost only three weeks of time arranging replacement stuff and getting stuff back and sorted, but it feels like I lost another three years from the end of my life.

Last edited by SanderXpander on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: