Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recessed pads on the E2/ES2, normal or production fault?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Normal or production fault?
normal
38%
 38%  [ 13 ]
production fault
61%
 61%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 34

s3kn0tr0n1c

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pads are as follows -

The top row, top edge is slightly above chassis. Prob around 0.25mm-0.5mm above.

Pads seem to sit parallel to base/table unit is sitting on.

As unit face plate is angled down this means that the bottom row, bottom edge is around 2mm above chassis.
sl23

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sl23 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
dutchcow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(sorry for another tl;dr)

The evidence doesn't stack up in their favour. The root of the problem is easy to spot; rushed release. Most problems are result of bad and quick testing. The rest is a result of poor communication.

James Pullen claiming a swappable firmware and Korg being silent is a good example. They could easily sort these things out by having reps on this forum and social media sorting fact from rumor, and become a reliable source of information to us.

I agree with you sl23, it's trivial for Korg to release a little sample editor for the PCMs in the E2, or enable all filter/osc models on the sampler. 3 vs 16 filters and the rest are ocs/pcm slots. The biggest difference is the colour. I would love to see a firmware with everything enabled just to see if it would struggle. In end you're still limited by the 16 parts and 24 voice paraphony.

Maybe someone really skilled will come up with a firmware hack to replace the PCMs for the E2 converting it into a sort of sampler version. Someone less skilled than that could probably change the identifier on the ES2 firmware to make it flashable on the E2.

The Facebook response of Korg UK on the pads issue makes me believe Korg won't own up to this. They simply told the person with complains to go to their dealer. If Korg would check the Facebook group they would see a lot of people have this issue. While not everybody sees it as a problem, I think Korg should.

I refuse to believe they aimed to bring out units with different pad alignments.
_INTER_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Korg company doesn't care about anything outside of Japan (except for cashflow back, but thats normal Japanese behaviour). So Korg UK can't do much either
dutchcow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_INTER_ wrote:
I think the Korg company doesn't care about anything outside of Japan (except for cashflow back, but thats normal Japanese behaviour). So Korg UK can't do much either

So anything sold outside of Japan is extra income and the rest doesn't matter? that would explain a lot though. All my dealer can do is nag Korg UK and then all Korg UK can do is nag Korg Japan who might not to anything at all.
djkenstone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top row of pads on the E2S here seem to slope in from the outmost pads to the center pads.
mihata

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just coming back from 4 hours trip to the supplier warehouse in Netherlands (35 euro for train tickets) my pads were like duchcow's - pads 5, 6, 7 top row slightlly below the surface or maximum at its level when not pressed and deeply flushing when pressed. I was afraid not to get one with the hiss noise (my first one got this bug, yes its a second return for me) thats why I went in person. Guys were really helpful and brought 2 from the warehouse and the first one I opened was fine both pads and no hiss. By fine understand when pressed, top pads still everslightly above surface (0.5 - 0.7 mm) this was def a production flaw, and I am also pissed but also still love the machine for the sound and workflow. Wish they took more care and not cutting corners in production.
IdleDrummer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks,
Brand new Electribe Sampler here... Nice jamming unit, small and portable, fast workflow, handy live stuff and all. But f**k those pads... It's a real shame from a now trustworthy company !
What can we do seriously ? We can't accept that as loyal customers !

http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2015/07/30/150730114135466912.jpg
http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2015/07/30/150730114135797988.jpg
http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2015/07/30/150730114137503589.jpg
dutchcow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The consensus here and on the Facebook group is that if it bothers you the problem is with you. And they're meant to be flush like this. Korg will most likely use the same reasoning. So just enjoy your low ride pads Cool

The best you can do is get your money back. Once Korg feels this in their bottom line they might act. Till then they will pushing these units to whoever will buy.
mihata

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top row of pads is lower by design. There is further assembly flaw that makes them even lower and this is not right and everyone who encounter this should return/ swap as being faulty.
_INTER_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdleDrummer's pads look normal to me. There are people with worse toprow pads. Especially bad when pads height in one row differ or are below the caseing at the top side
mihata

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks to me that pad 3 is below the metal surface, but I'm not sure from the picture. If all look like top row first one, then it's fine I guess
IdleDrummer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine ? Well it shocked me at first sight ! It's not really an issue for playing, the pads respond quite fine I guess, but it's a bit disturbing anyway.

Here's another shot :
http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2015/07/30/150730050237320243.jpg

Quite a pity anyway for a relatively not cheap product - especially considering we had to wait like 9-10 months for that damn sampler !
And if it's really by design, then I'd love to meet the designer Rolling Eyes
robotunes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do low pads affect playability?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: