Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe Sampler with recording of Vocals/Live Instruments?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charbax

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:57 am    Post subject: Electribe Sampler with recording of Vocals/Live Instruments? Reply with quote

Hi, I' ve never used an Electribe, so I am considering to get the latest Electribe Sampler, but I wonder

1. can I input my singing voice to the songs and tune my voice, perhaps even auto-tune it or edit it with this machine and nothing else?

2. If I need another machine for integrating and tuning of vocals, which machine would you recommend?

3. is it easy to connect a good external piano keyboard and use that to better input the melodies? Do you have any suggestion for a cheap but ultra high quality/performance piano keyboard to use with it? Would it just be to connect the Midi and that's it the keyboard is then "part of the Electribe"?

4. it only exports to Ableton Live? Does it include that software for free? Is it like Cubase? Is it an easy to use music sequencer easy to use to music composition? When exporting to Ableton does it include all the exact same sounds as from the Electribe in some kind of midi format (or expanded midi that includes all the sounds from the Electribe)?

5. can the laptop display be used to visualize differently what is being produced on the Electribe in real-time? Can some edits be made on the Laptop and real-time also reflected on the Electribe? Would that be using Ableton Live?

6. can one add an unlimited amount of new sounds to the Electribe, just by SD card slot?

7. the Electribe can record the songs to WAV, Mp3 and other formats just ready to use anywhere?

8. is it only suitable for house music or can one do all kinds of music with it?

9. how much better is it to get the latest Electribe Sampler if I am a total newbie vs older Electribe Samplers from Korg?

10. would you recommend or discourage a newbie like me to compose electronic music starting with the electribe sampler or to go for another device or just use software only and which software is the easiest way to compose and sequence/edit all the tracks with the best quality sound? I used to compose a bunch of songs Cubase and Propellerhead Studio a long time ago (9-17 years ago) but I sadly haven't done much recently and I wonder if the technology has advanced much to make things easier/better for device-newbies to create good sounding music, vocals included.

11. Are there some excellent channels/playlists on YouTube to get the idea and perhaps even to slowly learn how to use each of the features of the Electribe, like this video seems to make things kind of clear for me for what it seems to be able to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdohUtiX2nU but I haven't been able to find for example anyone recording vocals and tuning those vocals with it nor yet to connect an external piano keyboard to control the melodies to record and to tweak on it nor anything about using a laptop or an external display to better visualize what is being composed/produced in the box.
Tom 62

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sample memory size of Electribe Sampler (and the predecessor models) is simply too small for sophisticated vocal recordings. There is also no autotune-like feature inside. Maybe a multitrack hardware recorder is a better solution for your purposes.
colulizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of questions! Hopefully this will help (apologies for the short answers to some)

1: No
2: Maybe some kind of DAW with an "auto-tune" like software. If you're UK, Computer Music have given away a free version with their latest issue.
3: There is MIDI in
4: There is a Ableton Lite software bundled. It is not the full version. Check online what the limitations are. (I already have the full version so don't know what's on Lite)
5: a: Not sure what you mean. b: Edits on a laptop won't be immediately reflected in the sampler. c: Unsure
6: There is a limit - check the user manual online
7: It will export parts to WAV. If you use Ableton it exports the set.
8: Be creative
9: Don't know
10: I use a combination of software (Ableton and NI Massive) and hardware (a few synths and the new Sampler). I'd feel restricted to have the Electribe Sampler only, but other people are able to use it standalone. I can't answer
11: Not sure.
Charbax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Since Sampler doesn't work for vocals, and tuning and etc (and I don't understand what the point is about the 270 seconds sample length limit), I think I am just going to try to get an EMX-2 for now, and to record and tune the vocals externally, perhaps through Ableton or other Windows based EMX-2 compatible sequencer software. I just wish an Electribe was good enough to manage everything within it! Even to connect an external display/keyboard/mouse for more visualization of the compositions, tracks and etc. The 270-second sample limit sounds strange, I would think with modern technology, with SD cards and built-in storage, it should be able to sample and use unlimited length samples and it should be able to integrate and to tune things like external instruments, vocals and more. I guess this is not it for the all-in-one solution I am looking for, but I will try to play with the EMX-2, perhaps connect a MIDI keyboard to it at some point and see what happens.
wasstof

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have thought so, this IS the 21St century!
And Now a Volca Sample...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: