Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Korg Poll for Pa3X users

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your age, and do you primarily use your Pa3X in live performance, or in the studio/at home? (Please answer only if you own or use a Pa3X).
17 or younger, Live Performance
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
17 or younger, Studio or Home
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
18-25, Live Performance
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
18-25, Studio or Home
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
26-34, Live Performance
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
26-34, Studio or Home
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
35-44, Live Performance
15%
 15%  [ 10 ]
35-44, Studio or Home
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
45-54, Live Performance
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
45-54, Studio or Home
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
55 and up, Live Performance
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
55 and up, Studio or Home
22%
 22%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 63

danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Official Korg Poll for Pa3X users Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm interested to find out a little about how old our users are, and how people use our instruments. If you can take a moment to answer this poll, it would be really helpful for our future development. Thank you!
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
jimsweb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite interesting - does this indicate that the younger ones are after VSTs sucha s KONTAKT?
Vex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whaaat??? Only grandpa's play pa3x @ home? Disappointing .... Now it is clear why Korg do not listen needs for us, younger players Sad
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
Whaaat??? Only grandpa's play pa3x @ home? Disappointing .... Now it is clear why Korg do not listen needs for us, younger players Sad

Most of the younger generation can not afford a keyboard over 3.000 euros, so that doesn't surprise me at all.

Play in style. Wink
Vex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought mine when I had 27 with my own earned money on gigs.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you are an exception.

Of course there are a lot younger players out there with arranger keyboards.
After a while, a lot of them step over to workstations and/or digital pianos, certainly when they gig with bands.

When you look at PA3X or Tyros demo videos on youtube, most of the people in the audience have grey or (almost) no hair...

Play in style. Wink
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you look at PA3X or Tyros demo videos on youtube, most of the people in the audience have grey or (almost) no hair...

In the case of the Tyros this is a result of them tearing their hair out in frustration. Wink

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one, Pete! Laughing
Fransman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Play in style. Wink
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:

mmmmhm,... Korg is making wrong/bad `targeting` once again!

I may be wrong, not sure what Korg is trying to find out by doing this but.....

With All Due Respect , to everybody , Korg make 2 new versions Pa4x55+ and Pa4x25-40.
In first model just put 632(+-467) pianos,.. 285(+-736) organs,... some jazz/unplugged styles and concentrate more on Pa4x25-40 - future, give us a tools, for live, we don't just need 285 organs and 632 pianos.

You have received 10.000s of emails from Euro/Balkan Live players (and i bet this is majority of your customers , + middle east etc.) and you exactly know what we/they need.
This pool is not accurate at all, first check # of votes (i personally know more pa3x players range 20-40years old, than # of votes we received here) , second look back at forums and you can see posts from 10-20 same members in last 5(min) years. +- 5-10 new ones every 6 months on single login....

Fran you are 100% incorrect, "Most of the younger generation can not afford a keyboard over 3.000 euros, so that doesn't surprise me at all."

Vex is not exception, but one in the majority of Korg customer who makes living and big bucks playing on their product, there for they should really listen to him and more like him.

FYI , Most of younger population in Balkans and Middle East (majority of Korg customers) make 3000 in a month or two (some even more), and they don't really have time to post/read forums. (Read about better piano and organ sounds,... and only that.....)

" When you look at PA3X or Tyros demo videos on youtube, most of the people in the audience have grey or (almost) no hair..." If you search -Frank Sinatra Pa3x- you are correct,... there's thousands more (and i can bet) of pa3x videos with younger players, all depend what you search for.

You may rephrase my post any way you like/want but all you need to know is already known to you (Korg).
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"10.000s of emails from Euro/Balkan" will probably fall on deaf ears if sent to KORG USA or KORG JAPAN ... Those emails need to be sent to the Euro/Balkan sales companies who specify what featires they want to order from the KORG factory.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar

Last edited by Thoraldus on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot criticise Korg's marketing because I am not involved with it.
Traditionally, arranger keyboards have been linked with "one-man-band" owners (OK duos perhaps)
Here, a lot of such bands play in the open Saturday markets, afternoon pub gigs etc etc but rarely, if ever, have I seen an arranger on stage as part of a full on gig (as I would call it).

YES, of course the PA3X is totally capable of handling the requirements of any band BUT primarily it is an arranger (don't need a bass player/drummer etc…)

I cannot think of a harder task than to market arrangers.

Here in Australia the actual marketing of arrangers is close to non-existent. The last Korg roadshow for arrangers was for the Korg i30.
Yamaha is no better, I guess that they will survive from their bike sales if the T5 doesn't do too well (actually, their bikes are cheaper).

I am sure there are many young people who would love to create and perform with arrangers but I think they will most likely go "Workstation+PC".

What if Korg really did create a hybrid?

e.g.
Take the Kronos and make an arranger add-on available.
(Sort of like the M3 and Radias - dual module set-up)

You only have to search through the hundreds of "arranger wish-list" posts to realise that many want a workstation-arranger.

Have to agree, the TOTL arrangers today are way too expensive.
I bought my Kronos for almost half the price of my PA3X.

Hey, look, good luck Korg - any polls and feedback are better than none.

BTW, Dan - thanks for all your involvement and help on the forums - greatly appreciated and respected Very Happy

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
MadrasGiaguari

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,

I like respectfully underline that the test refers NOT to arrangers in general, but to PA3X specifically.

I guess that the result could be quite different if the test would refer to ANY arranger.

PA3X is VERY expensive (I love it but that does not change). Very few young musicians/hobists can afford to buy it. But consider that so many years after its early presentation on the market, its price is still the same: showing that it continues to be very appreciated. Otherwise, it could not sell......

But think about Korg PA600: for nearly 1000 €uro, you get same style and sound quality for 1 third of the price. Yes: keyboard quality, functions, ecc. is different. BUT you still play with the "SOUND" od PA3X (and in addition, having a decent set of built in speakers).

Again: there is not comparison between PA3x (a luxurious flagship with unbelievable quality and features) and PA600,. But Pa 600 is an excellentekeyboard at an affordable price.

I guess, the statistics would be different.....

Thank you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the Kronos poll on the Workstations page. you will see similar results. It has nothing to do with the age of whom the products are marketed to. It has everything to do with the people who have the disposable income to buy these very expensive keyboards.

You will find that the people buying arrangers and workstations are the same /similar people. 30 plus , working in a non music related filed and playing music part time or hobbyists performing live/ in the studio .

you will rarely find a below 25 year old full time musicisian play either a Kronos or Pa3X unless they have wealthier parents i.e us !!!!! ha ha Laughing
Vex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newkorgguy wrote:

Vex is not exception, but one in the majority of Korg customer who makes living and big bucks playing on their product, there for they should really listen to him and more like him.

FYI , Most of younger population in Balkans and Middle East (majority of Korg customers) make 3000 in a month or two (some even more), and they don't really have time to post/read forums. (Read about better piano and organ sounds,... and only that.....)

" When you look at PA3X or Tyros demo videos on youtube, most of the people in the audience have grey or (almost) no hair..." If you search -Frank Sinatra Pa3x- you are correct,... there's thousands more (and i can bet) of pa3x videos with younger players, all depend what you search for.

Absolutely true .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: