Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Korg poll for SV-1 users

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your age, and do you primarily use your SV-1 in live performance, or in the studio/at home? (Please answer only if you own or use a SV-1).
17 or younger, Live Performance
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
17 or younger, Studio or Home
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
18-25, Live Performance
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
18-25, Studio or Home
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
26-34, Live Performance
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
26-34, Studio or Home
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
35-44, Live Performance
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
35-44, Studio or Home
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
45-54, Live Performance
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
45-54, Studio or Home
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
55 and up, Live Performance
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
55 and up, Studio or Home
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Official Korg poll for SV-1 users Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm interested to find out a little about how old our users are, and how people use our instruments. If you can take a moment to answer this poll, it would be really helpful for our future development. Thank you!
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
unclebyron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you've heard this a thousand times before but here it goes:
How about some new SoundPacks!!
New firmware upgrades too!!
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I can't see why age is an issue, but I've answered your question.

What I'd like to see is some better docs on the samples in the ROM, and how to create our patches from scratch - at the moment the editor only allows a patch to use sounds that exist in another patch, and the Soundpacks that have been released revealed that there were sounds in the ROM that didn't exist in any original patch, and hence could not be accessed.

Other than the lack of documentation / decent editor, the SV-1 is still a joy to play.
i_am_binky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's my top ten list Smile

user-assignable split-points
    user-assignable rx-noise/layer
    a flat top so we can stack our other Korg synths
    replace non-dynamic sounds (organ, etc) with dynamic (harpsichord, kalimba, etc)... it's a weighted keyboard, why waste it?
    tap tempo should be assignable to more (any) fx not just delay
    amp model works within patch, or, amp model is mixed in parallel so volume can be adjusted against existing signal
    adjustable pitch per patch (semitone and hz)
    new editor with ADSR, cutoff/res, etc, to customize sounds more
    ability to load new/different sounds
    pitch-bend wheel!
    tougher foot pedal, preferably dual to control wah

i still play my SV-1 every day (home only atm, but used to have it at jams/gigs)
bytechop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play the SV1 very often. A Ableton Live integration would be nice. I planned to build a Max4Live device, something like the SV1 editor. To start i need a complete MIDI / Sysex chart, also the information about how to readout the presets and so on. It would be nice if KORG can give me the info so i will contribute the device for free.

cheers,
T
CPinBk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Settings recommendations Reply with quote

I'm a conventional traditional church pianist who has a job with an SV-1. I have some idea of how to use it...but with so many parameters (or so it seems, coming from standard pianos only), I have no idea where to take the settings.

I'm also not in love with the presets, but I have no sense of their authenticity either...nor do I care. However, I would really love some suggestions for all the parameters to set for various sounds. I basically want some ideas as better starting points than the 8 presets that are there now.

I get how to work with alternative soundpacks, but again, have no feel for them without some idea of optimum settings: amps, vibrano, eq, etc. Having a single resource like that would be invaluable to someone like me as a total novice with digital keyboards. My goal in the past has been to simply find a piano sound and maybe a piano + strings pad, and that's it.

Thanks very much for any help! I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, and I've searched this forum in lots of ways. Most of the discussion is above my pay grade, so I hope I can use at least some of the SV-1's options to their best advantage.
mgregory22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SV-1 is a very sophisticated instrument. You have to be at least 35 to appreciate it Smile
CPinBk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just pretend I'm not 48 and let that go.
RogerL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: Wil there ever be an SV-2? Reply with quote

Another NAMM has come and gone and no real update to the SV-1. Its a great board but is now like 5 plus years old and needs new and updated sounds. Especially the piano sounds which are pretty bad, but with some new sounds, a better keyboard bed, it would be the best again.

Korg, are you ever going to make some changes? The concept of a simple board with dials and levers was great, please give us an update.

Please...
Mojo Bone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The single biggest thing on my wishlist is the ability to run the (already handy) piggyback inputs through the onboard effects, but I understand that would entail adding an A/D converter. Very cool to have the simultaneously available instrument-level outputs, though; since I'm also a guitarist, I can run the SV-1 through real, actual pedals (like the Korg SDD3000) and even my '65 Super Reverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: