Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting a Mini to a korg Microstation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToneM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Connecting a Mini to a korg Microstation Reply with quote

Does anybody know if this can be done. I would love to be able to use the sequencer and especially the effects on the Microstation with the Mini. USB seems the only choice but I am not sure if it will do what I want it to.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Unfortunately you will not be able to achieve all what you want...

For the sequencer, the easiest way is to wire a MIDI cable from MIDI OUT on the microSTATION to the MIDI IN on the Mini. The sequencer can then trigger the notes on the Mini.
USB on both boards can be used for that purpose as well, but you need a computer in between both and an application on it, to wire the MIDI data from the microSTATION to the Mini. Too much hassle in my opinion.

The effects of the microSTATION can not be be used to apply them to other, external music devices... This is because the microSTATION has no audio inputs to connect e.g. the Mini. The USB is of not any help here, as it can only carry MIDI event data and no audio... (Applicable for both the Mini and microSTATION)

Have fun.
ToneM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, OpAmp. I didn't have much hope for this idea but I thought I'd ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: