Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos will not power on
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oboemd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Kronos will not power on Reply with quote

I have been without Kronos for a month . It would not power on at gig. Fortunately I had Oasys to save the day. I have no idea of the cause. I took it to a supposed authorized center no luck. It is now with another repairman.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it won't power on, it is almost certainly the power supply, but may also be the motherboard. In either case, it should be an easy fix - as long as the parts are available. I know there's been a few people that have had problems getting these two parts in a timely fashion.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The power cable has been checked, I presume? It's not mentioned in the post.
Oboemd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed the power source and power cable were checked first.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you call Korg tech support?
Oboemd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technician says power supply is one problem. He is having trouble getting a replacement. Parts is Parts list the part but say they can email when it is back in stock. Are there other sources for KORG parts?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oboemd wrote:
Technician says power supply is one problem. He is having trouble getting a replacement. Parts is Parts list the part but say they can email when it is back in stock. Are there other sources for KORG parts?

I'm sorry that this is being problematic. The part is available from Korg (in Japan), and there are plenty of them, but for whatever reason they aren't in the USA right now. I'm told that Korg USA is now aware of this and dealing with it. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that Korg's Dealer Network is a constant source of frustration for Kronos users.

I tried to order some parts from our local distributor. Sent them an email, waited to hear back. By the time I did hear back from them, I had ordered the parts from the US and they had arrived!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
Seems that Korg's Dealer Network is a constant source of frustration for Kronos users.

I tried to order some parts from our local distributor. Sent them an email, waited to hear back. By the time I did hear back from them, I had ordered the parts from the US and they had arrived!

Did you pay upfront to the local distributor? If not they probably didn't make it a priority. After all they would have to shell out the cash in advance and then if you bailed on them they'd be stuck with a part they couldn't do anything with. Obviously when you order them online you paid up front and I'm sure shipping charges we're substantial portion of that, being that you are in Australia. Just a thought.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I didn't pay upfront. By the time I received a quote on the parts (which I would have been happy to pay for up-front) the parts were already well on their way from the US.

As far as I know, these were for parts that were in stock with the local distributor - none of them were coming ex Japan.

ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I misunderstood. Your local distributor was performing the service I take it. Where I live the distributors you don't do any kind of technical stuff. It always goes out of house to some local tech shop.
Oboemd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Oboemd wrote:

I'm sorry that this is being problematic. The part is available from Korg (in Japan), and there are plenty of them, but for whatever reason they aren't in the USA right now. I'm told that Korg USA is now aware of this and dealing with it. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

I am beyond frustrated. I am hoping that replacing the power supply will solve the problem but goodness, not being able to get power supply timely is certainly not good. My list of KORG instruments is extensive, most of my older gear; T1, 01W pro, Trinity, Triton Studio, Oasys, etc. still work. M3 and Kronos are fantastic when working, but depending on Kronos is costing me.

If there is another source for the power supply, I would certainly appreciate the contact information.
Thanks
Theo Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I had a similar issue with my Kronos 73, it went off a few seconds after power-on. However, here in Europe my distributor was able to get and replace the power supply quite fast, and now it works again. good luck!
Oboemd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally repaired!!!!
Thanks to this forum for helpful solutions. It indeed was the power supply Seedylee.
My total repair bill $277 for part and $160 for labor ($437.00 total) but it is working and I can finish project.
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an outrageous amount for just a power supply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: