Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Solution] Korg Taktile 49 update problems!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NineFourtyFive

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: [Solution] Korg Taktile 49 update problems! Reply with quote

So I am not sure why but I am having the hardest time trying to update my taktile 49!

When I first opened it up and plugged it in it was automatically updating everything and I noticed that there was an update for 2.00, so i downloaded drv tools installed that and then downloaded the updater. The directions tell me to make sure drv tools has installed the correct drivers and to then to turn on the power to the taktile while holding the page>, exit. and chord scale to put it into update mode. Then it says to run kmupdate.exe now i do this and i get a error message saying, Error: update device is not found.

Its really driving me crazy because i can't find anything at all online about how to fix this or have not found another user on this forum with the same problem! I have windows 7 sp1. please help!

Last edited by NineFourtyFive on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
NineFourtyFive

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay so i know now why my controller was not updating and its because my computer fails to realize that its a usb device? This is really strange I have this program called USBDeview and it shows all usb devices that are connected, and it is showing up at it being connected according to the program but now it has stopped working in ableton live 9 and won't recognize the inns and outs (as previously they where detected automatically by ableton live) Also it is not being detected by korg konrtol editor either! I have done all the troubleshooting i could possibly do with this its not my usb cable i bought this new just opened this morning and ever tried 5 other cables and usb ports on my computer and even tried the slots in my wall powered usb hub still nothing... the drivers have been the same even tried rolling them back and that didn't work at all either...

what i am doing wrong here????

its funny because I am usually really good with troubleshooting midi connection problems but this one is just driving me up a wall and I really have to clue what to do!
NineFourtyFive

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Zubetei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Taktile 49 update problems! Reply with quote

I am gonna take mine back today, and get a Notation or anything else. The lack of documentation the fact that I had to manually change file names (after I found the answer from a frustrated use) to get things to work and it's performance with the gadget was horrible. I'm just upset about all the time I've wasted by and try to get it to work and then realizing the functionality is sub standard, especially regarding Gadget. I have owned a Novation sl 25 remote for years and it functioned without all this hassle.
NineFourtyFive

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly don't blame the korg product i've never owned this before and It must be something i did by mistake, but now find out why the hell this is being brought up in usbdeview and not ableton live 9 is very strange, midi ox doesn't even work! I thought for sure that would be able to work but it doesn't : (. Well gonna go for day 2 of figuring out wtf is going on with this thing, if anyone knows a fix for this please help
NineFourtyFive

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i fixed it and it was a very easy fix! I had to just re install the driver and everything works fine now!
nemmo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: