Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patterning + Volca Sample

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Patterning + Volca Sample Reply with quote

Hey everyone, so i still haven't bought my sample yet, but since i have an ipad i like to check out new apps and there's a new one called Patterning which basically is a 8 track sample sequencer but the sequencer is in circle form. now i hope that doesn't ruin it for you because first thing i thought when i saw it was, man that looks way too gimmicky but trust me this is actually a really cool sequencer with a lot of different sequencing options and song mode and infinite pattern saves and retrieves.... anyways if you're interested chck out the video demos online on youtube.

I was also thinking about combining that with the volca sample, since this app has midi out for each sequenced track and its midi channel is selectable too...

Just not sure what kind of midi connection between the ipad and the volca (or any DIN connection)

Here is the link for the youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ7gbsHk9YU
Frenzies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Patterning + Volca Sample Reply with quote

256K wrote:
Hey everyone, so i still haven't bought my sample yet, but since i have an ipad i like to check out new apps and there's a new one called Patterning which basically is a 8 track sample sequencer but the sequencer is in circle form. now i hope that doesn't ruin it for you because first thing i thought when i saw it was, man that looks way too gimmicky but trust me this is actually a really cool sequencer with a lot of different sequencing options and song mode and infinite pattern saves and retrieves.... anyways if you're interested chck out the video demos online on youtube.

I was also thinking about combining that with the volca sample, since this app has midi out for each sequenced track and its midi channel is selectable too...

Just not sure what kind of midi connection between the ipad and the volca (or any DIN connection)

Here is the link for the youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ7gbsHk9YU

I connect to external synths via a Roland UM-ONE interface and the Apple lightning adaptor. It's all plug and play easiness.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
Buska

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Patterning + Volca Sample Reply with quote

256K wrote:

Excellent idea! This would be a great sequencer for the Sample. Its a polyrythmic seq too and it can send midi cc automation. killer combo
thekik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue is the Volca sample needs 10 midi channels for "patterning"...I mean if you want to play the part1 sound, you need to send a note to the MIDI channel 1, part 2 channel 2, and so on...
You can use an Arduino based remapper to use only the channel 10 or buying a special cable.
Pigdog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: volca and android Reply with quote

how can i sync korg apps with my android?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: