Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Features still needed AFTER 1.10 update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zabong69

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosbrain wrote:
i would really like to play only the midi of a part ... i need all the 16 channels to play all my instruments with e2. and it really sucks that i have to use also the resource of the electribe.

How did you test whether the Electribe actually uses voices even if you set the level of one channel to 0?

Dynamic voice allocation has been around for decades, and not using a voice if the level is at 0 seems to be a no-brainer for me.

Z
Frenzies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zabong69 wrote:
chaosbrain wrote:
i would really like to play only the midi of a part ... i need all the 16 channels to play all my instruments with e2. and it really sucks that i have to use also the resource of the electribe.

How did you test whether the Electribe actually uses voices even if you set the level of one channel to 0?

Dynamic voice allocation has been around for decades, and not using a voice if the level is at 0 seems to be a no-brainer for me.

Z

The level seems to make no difference.
A most basic test.
I make a pattern with 1 synth sound on beat one, sustaining for the whole pattern with amp eg

Every other part is a bass drum on beat 3. With standard settings I will get the synth to cut off thru voice stealing with 10 simultaneous parts.
If I turn off all the filters on the bass drums I can add 11 parts before voice stealing.
So I go back to 10 parts and turn the filters back on. 5 filters on and I get voice stealing again.
With all filters back on I then need to change 5 parts to audio in and I get my sustain back.
So setting the part to audio in does help with voice stealing. With all the other parts set to audio in and the filters turned off I can get 12 parts playing together before I lose the sustain.
It would be really nice to have a Korg written list of what uses what voice allocation

Turning the volume down doesn't change this.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
fullbackup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Part length selector Reply with quote

We need SHIFT+STEP BUTTONS to change PART LENGTH easily on live performances...
Loudest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Part length selector Reply with quote

fullbackup wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJgzNoplv8

Frenzies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Part length selector Reply with quote

fullbackup wrote:

But shift + step buttons are for shortcuts, and people hate menu diving, so you can't win.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

fullbackup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Shift + Step Button Reply with quote

Shift + StepButtons does nothing now. I'm talking about a shortcut so you can change part length easily.

Step button
This button displays the location of a sequence or octave along
with the current function of the trigger pad. Pressing this
button allows you to change the location or octave of the
sequence being edited.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Shift + Step Button Reply with quote

fullbackup wrote:
Shift + StepButtons does nothing now. I'm talking about a shortcut so you can change part length easily.

Step button
sequence being edited.

Ah, those buttons. My bad.

Loudest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Shift + Step Button Reply with quote

fullbackup wrote:

Step button
sequence being edited.

That's what I said.. Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJgzNoplv8
something like that?

Pygmy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- moving / copying / repeating /transposing pattern-data like the old EMX/ESX
- undo

On the EMX/ESX I used to copy parts, patterns, bars, parts of bars etc. around like crazy. On the E2 suddenly everything that made the EMX a great manual production machine has disappeared.

"Hey, I've got this cool thing from step 7 to step 13, I want to copy that to step 39 and on".

EMX: Copy from step 7, length 6, write to destination step 39.
E2: I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that.
Pygmy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Configurable midi channels per part would also be nice.
I'd like to be able to have multiple parts sequence the same midi-channel so I can sequence my Drumstation and use separate parts to drive the Kickdrum, Snare, Clap or whatever.
frankwhite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please: my missed feature no. 1 , turn of swing for individual parts like on the
Exs/esx.

And

Reverb on ifx !

Greets
DiscoDevil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pygmy wrote:
Configurable midi channels per part would also be nice.
I'd like to be able to have multiple parts sequence the same midi-channel so I can sequence my Drumstation and use separate parts to drive the Kickdrum, Snare, Clap or whatever.

This. Or being able to have variations of a part within the same pattern.
Pygmy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For f*ck's sake, I've created a pattern with length 1, and now I want to make it have length 4.... Apparently I've done something to cause it to not copy the 1st bar when setting the length to 4 bars, so I end up with 1 bar of music and 3 empty bars.
So now I have a 1 bar loop with 9 parts, and if I want to have that play for 4 bars I have to play each part in by hand again for 3 bars...???

Seriously Korg, get your s**t together and implement pattern-data copying / moving.
Even if setting the length to 4 would have copied the first bar, I want to be able to copy the 4th bar to the 1st as well.
Padevil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note+FX carrying to pattern change,

BPM synced LFO with option of remove note RETRIGGERING,

Better audio quality

Reverb on insert FX (COME ON KORG!!!)

More than one Insert FX (PLEASE)

Option to make 8 measures instead of only 4

-------------------- Can't wait for the new update

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pygmy wrote:
For f*ck's sake, I've created a pattern with length 1, and now I want to make it have length 4.... Apparently I've done something to cause it to not copy the 1st bar when setting the length to 4 bars, so I end up with 1 bar of music and 3 empty bars.
So now I have a 1 bar loop with 9 parts, and if I want to have that play for 4 bars I have to play each part in by hand again for 3 bars...???

Seriously Korg, get your s**t together and implement pattern-data copying / moving.
Even if setting the length to 4 would have copied the first bar, I want to be able to copy the 4th bar to the 1st as well.

Yeah! It's a PITA! If you initialize the pattern and populate this first bar (with the length sill set to 1) THEN change the length to 4 it just copies the first bar 3 Times but... And here's the rub... It only works the first time you do It! If you've already gone to a length other than 1, that's it no copy (of bars) available, Most Frustrating!
And Now a Volca Sample...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: