Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2S Sampling Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chapterhaus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Electribe 2S Sampling Questions Reply with quote

Hey guys, first post on the forum, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. Just got the Sampler, and I have some questions.

Is it possible to record samples with the metronome/sequencer playing? I'd like to record guitar into the Audio In to a metronome or, preferably, live with the sequencer running. If there were a count-in to begin recording, that would be great as well.

I've even tried resampling with the Audio In thru on and playing guitar, but it doesn't record what I play. This confuses me the most, being as the E2S is supposed to resample everything (excluding the click) being heard, correct?

Am I a dreamer here? Are these features that are possible with an OS update?

I've read the post with the trick of tying steps gate times together and opening the gate of the last note to 96, is this how to record with a click?
DiscoDevil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a metronome function in the menu. You can turn it on for playback or record and set the number of count in bars you want.

Set one of your parts to use the Audio In as an oscillator and then set your sampling to resample the main output.
Chapterhaus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yeah, I found the Rec1. Rec2 purposes. I've read the manual atleast three times, I guess some things didn't stick.

Is there a way to sample while sequencing without having to hold down the pad the whole time (by just hitting record)?
poplocker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, glad I found this thread as it relates to some questions I also have about sampling, only specifically from the SD card.

Basically, I've successfully imported 4 drum sounds in wav form onto my SD card and into my electribe's sample bank, only when I recall a sample it takes up 2 trigger pad, or part, spaces. So for example, I've loaded an initial pattern, selected a sample I've imported from my SD card, selected a trigger pad while the trigger button is highlighted, and 2 consecutive pads light up, both triggering the sample, but I just want one!

I thought maybe the samples were in stereo and both pads represent the left and right, but they both seem to be mono wav files. Kind of a strange question, but the thing's so new I haven't found any decent tutorials on how to assign imported samples to trigger pads.

Any thoughts?
poplocker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah I figured it out, turns out I WAS exporting stereo samples from Ableton. My bad you guys. I noticed the display screen had "st" next to the sample name, the manual doesn't have a key for the display and can be a bit confusing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: