Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 to Microstation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: M50 to Microstation Reply with quote

Hi everyone, long time no see.

I just purchased a Microstation. Haven't arrived yet, but I'm getting prepared to have all my sounds ready when it does.

I have some sound from my old M50, which I would like to port to the Microstation. Is there any easy way of doing that?

I know there might not be a direct and easy way to do that, but can anyone recommend any piece of software that will allow me to look at all the parameters of a certain patch, including samples, so I can recreate them on the MS editor?

Thanks

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools can read microstation files and M50 files, but not convert them.
Also with these files, PCG Tools can manage them, like copying, pasting, making lists, change names easily and much more. However, samples handling is not supported, because it would be a lot of work to implement for all supported models.

I don't knowk about other software, maybe the official Korg editor? (if there is one for microKorg)

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Also with these files, PCG Tools can manage them, like copying, pasting, making lists, change names easily and much more. However, samples handling is not supported, because it would be a lot of work to implement for all supported models.

I don't knowk about other software, maybe the official Korg editor? (if there is one for microKorg)

Yeah, that's what I thought. Well, it seems the solution will be:
1. Make a list of all M50 patch names that I used on my combis, using PCG Tools
2. Try to match the patches with the ones on the Microstation banks
3. If there are discrepancies, I'll have to install the M50 editor, and look at the specific patch, and hope that the samples are available on the MS, or hope to find some similar, and build the patch from scratch.

Well, all in all, it doesn't need to be that precise. Close enough is enough.

Thanks again for PCG Tools, Michel

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mocando wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought. Well, it seems the solution will be:
1. Make a list of all M50 patch names that I used on my combis, using PCG Tools
2. Try to match the patches with the ones on the Microstation banks
3. If there are discrepancies, I'll have to install the M50 editor, and look at the specific patch, and hope that the samples are available on the MS, or hope to find some similar, and build the patch from scratch.

Well, all in all, it doesn't need to be that precise. Close enough is enough.

Thanks again for PCG Tools, Michel

You Sir have a good foundation to go about it looking ahead.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: