Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem accessing certain things on touch screen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddpianoman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Problem accessing certain things on touch screen Reply with quote

My M50 seems to be working ok although sometimes, I don't know why, it has a distorted output. I have cleaned it out (contacts etc) and it usually sounds great, but sometimes it will have distorted output. Doesnt happen often, but I have no idea whats going on. Its through headphones or speakers either one. BUT that is not the main problem I have right now. I want to reset it to factory settings but when I go to global, and try to access the basic menu on the top where it should say load factory presets (etc), it does not show me anything, no dropdown menu. It does click when I touch it, but nothing happens. I have noticed on the drop downs don't respond they way they did either. I cant hit ok or cancel (no response) so I have to hit the enter button. Cant slide from page to page either...WTF? Is my screen shot, or maybe dirty? If so can it be cleaned internally or do I need a new screen? any ideas? Love my M50 and this is P!@#$%^ me off! Smile
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a chance that it might be a power supply issue, causing distortion and a change in the screen calibration.

Does the display flicker when wiggling the power supply connector in the M50?

The first thing to check is the M50 power supply. Does the power supply produce the rated output voltage? It should be 12V , or thereabouts. This can be measured with a multimeter connected to the centre and outer ring of the coax power plug whilst it is unplugged. This will measure the open circuit voltage. It would be better to also measure the in-circuit voltage, which means taking the cover off the M50 and measuring the voltage where the power connector comes into the M50, whilst the keyboard is switched on.

StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the touch screen, try the "Touch Panel Calibration" option in the Global > Basic Page Menu.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: