Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SP250 - spontaneous switching and more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FromUkraine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: SP250 - spontaneous switching and more Reply with quote

Hi there,

As I see, the topics a kind of 'Ahhhh help it doesn't work' are mainly unanswered. Nevertheless I'll try my luck %-)

Right after the end of warranty terms (as usual, you know) my kid's SP250 started behaving strangely. Some control switches didn't work (you press it - dead), some switched on and off on their own will during a play. But in a week it became better, at least spontaneous switching on and off stopped. Additional controls and tones... let it be, I'd bought a piano, not a synthesizer.

Then in a few months a metronome issue added. After some 10 secs of "warm up" it started to switch on and off by pressing the note key (some С I believe). OK, I outmaneuvered this bug by decreasing metronome volume to zero level. And now, after few weeks more, some 10 note keys stopped working at all. Again, this problem with note keys starts after some 10 secs of the warm up (I mean after switching the piano on).

I've browsed the Inet, this kind of Korg behavior isn't rare. But solutions? In my area the Korg post-warranty support isn't bad, it's just absent. So any (indeed any) advices/ideas from you are warmly welcomed. Could it be problem with connectors? Power circuit (maybe that warm up hints)? Or it's all over with processor?

P.S. Internal Check, made in accordance with Korg Service Manual, has showed the problem labeled 'MIDI Loop'. What is this?
FromUkraine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar problems (in general)
http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2199951/Korg_SP-250_metronome_turning_.html
http://www.fixya.com/support/t20663787-when_low_c_played_metronome_turns_when

Hey, Korg Inc, would you mind to make products that survive 10 years and more, not 1 or 2?
FromUkraine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody have any clues? Pity.

The funny thing is that those ten note keys are not totally dead. They're mainly dead, but sometimes can produce sounds. No pattern detected. And, as I told earlier, some ten secs after switching the piano on they work perfectly.
yoshi88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar problem reported here:L

Suggestions and your thought please post!

The owner has reported to me that the following problem resented itself after young children had been playing roughly on the SP250’s keyboard and buttons.
The symptoms reported to me are SP250 randomly / automatically switching or cycling through sound selections when enough physical vibration exerted on key bed. For example sounds progress from Piano – E Piano – Strings etc.
Note: Sound selection buttons are manually being touched.

I have not yet had a chance to examine , test and diagnose this problem but I have an appointment to diagnose this SP250 next week.
I wanted to prepared and check w for parts availability on the sound selector panel board if it was required.

I suspect, without seeing it, that there is a fault in the panel ... possibly collapsed panel button or component.
FromUkraine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that the root of the problem is either the power module or the main chip. I disassembled the piano and didn't find any mechanical problems, including keys, switches or contacts. My kid wasn't noticed smashing things.

Actually it works a bit better now. More in use - better work, that's what I see.
FromUkraine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoshi88 wrote:
I have an appointment to diagnose this SP250 next week.
I wanted to prepared and check w for parts availability on the sound selector panel board if it was required.

So, what are your findings?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: