Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP - Sustain pedal/Keyboard issue!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sofisticated_305

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: HELP - Sustain pedal/Keyboard issue! Reply with quote

Okay so I'm having a problem with my sustain pedal for my Kronos(1st Gen).

This has been my 3rd sustain pedal in 3 weeks and I don't know why this problem has occurred. I've had a M-Gear sustain pedal for 3 years straight which is awesome and then it finally gave out on me which what I'm guessing. So I went to GC and all they had was ProLine pedals and Yamaha pedals. So I went with the ProLine and after one week of use it gave out. I went back and got another ProLine cause it was the last one. Same problem happened after only using it twice so I figured it was just a cheap brand and thought that I should get the M-Gear pedal again and I did just that. But the M-Gear gave out on me while playing at a church service this morning. I tried changing the polarity in the GLOBAL settings but nothing. But the pedal works fine in reverse when I flip the switch to the other side and will sustain my sound WITHOUT me having my foot on the pedal. So I'm starting to guess that it's my keyboard.

Is it my keyboard? What should I do? Is my sustain port bad?
Confused
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you switch the polarity of the pedal and it works backwards, you should be able to witch the polarity in Global to make it work properly again. I have a couple of older Yamaha pedals that use metal contacts. Today, most use rubber contacts that have limited lifespans.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like operator error.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like your input may be broken. This has happened to me on occasion on my older boards, namely my Triton Extreme and my Karma.

But first, make sure you're using the damper input, check the polarity and everything, and see if carefully jiggling the plug makes a difference.
sofisticated_305

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys! But I've tried the polarity settings on both the pedal and the keyboard. I've tried jiggling the cable around and still no dice. I've tried EVERYTHING possible and nothing works.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sofisticated_305 wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys! But I've tried the polarity settings on both the pedal and the keyboard. I've tried jiggling the cable around and still no dice. I've tried EVERYTHING possible and nothing works.

If you have the luxury, try the pedal on another keyboard.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
sofisticated_305 wrote:

If you have the luxury, try the pedal on another keyboard.

When you change the polarity you have to depress the pedal one time for the change to take effect. Also make sure you write the settings after you are done.
sofisticated_305

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a small Yamaha keyboard and I've tried it with that keyboard and I get the same results. I've tried everything with the polarity and all from the keyboard itself and I'm getting no luck. This is driving me crazy!
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most damper pedals are simple momentary switches. If you can find a known good momentary pedal of any kind you should be able to determine where the problems lies.
KennyMustang

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: KROSS2 PEDAL PROBLEMS Reply with quote

I can't get the sustain pedal to work. It's intermittent at best. I switch out other pedals... same problem. turn it off, hook everything up, turn it back on and it doesn't work... sometimes does, but lately and now I get nothing.

I see other people have same problem. What the solution?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: KROSS2 PEDAL PROBLEMS Reply with quote

KennyMustang wrote:
I can't get the sustain pedal to work. It's intermittent at best. I switch out other pedals... same problem. turn it off, hook everything up, turn it back on and it doesn't work... sometimes does, but lately and now I get nothing.

I see other people have same problem. What the solution?

This is a Kronos forum. Try the Kross forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: