Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to clean keyboard keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: how to clean keyboard keys Reply with quote

I hope this is the correct forum area. if not I'll repost elsewhere.
Can someone advise the best way to clean my PA300 keyboard keys ?

My grandchild (bless her) managed to draw a line using a ball point pen on one, and I don't want to harm the key in trying to remove it.

regards to all....
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used glass cleaner on my keys although not to remove ink. Try spraying some on a cloth and wipe the keys.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Windex or its generic equivalents.

Pretty much what I use to clean off of the keyboard.

..Joe
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start with mild solvents first. I managed to remove some felt tipped pen marks off some keyboard keys with just a little water on a fine absorbent soft sponge pad (Spontex Economic, from Tesco and cheap). If that doesn't work, add a little bit of washing up liquid. Then move up to Iso Propyl Alcohol on some tissue paper. If that doesn't work, try a little lighter fluid (not the butane gas variety) or hexane. Avoid aggressive plastics solvents like acetone, and methyl-ethyl ketone, as these are likely to damage the surface of the keys.

For marks that have been there for a while, there is a chance some dye diffusion into the plastic of the key may have occurred. The solvents might remove the surface ink, making the mark less visible, but not the diffused-in dye. Bright sunlight or ultraviolet light may help to fade any diffused-in ink, and could need many days exposure. Dilute bleach or dilute hydrogen peroxide could be tried, but these should be tested on an inconspicuous area first.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

before doing anything, put a rolled /folded towel under the keys so it takes some down pressure.

little bit of soapy solution in mild warm water, applied to cleaning cloth should clean that. if not rubbing alcohol/acetone/nail polish remover should take care of that.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep a tin of his handy for getting marks off keyboards - Never-Dull & Duraglit wadding is just as good.
Surprisingly effective but don't use it on matte plastic.

ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would leave it as-is !!! if there is no intention of selling the synth.
My nephew broke the last highest key on my Triton while messing with the aftertouch.... I just leave it !

My sister when I told her, see what your boy did ? - she swears Im lying eventhough Im not telling/asking her to pay to get it fixed Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: