Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg boards in line inputs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ricky_jcr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Korg boards in line inputs Reply with quote

has anyone ever tried plugging their keyboards into line-level inputs?

Does it work fine? Is there any risk of the keyboard frying up?

All help appreciated!

Cheers,
Ricky
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean connecting the keyboard's outputs to the line input of a recording or sound processing device, then yes, it's all fine. The nominal output level of boards like the Kronos is standard +4dBu.
Ricky_jcr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yip! That's exactly what I mean. I was reading somewhere that you could use a DI box just for a safety measure, but I'm not really ready to invest more at the moment.

The audio interface I use has one line-level input and the second one is a line-level-cum-instrument-level input.
So I was wondering whether it would be okay to plug my Krome's L-output directly to the interface's line-level input.

I am aware there are some issues of the balanced-unbalanced jacks. I'm alright with anything as long as my keyboard isn't damaged! Very Happy
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be fine. Apart from those that stick entirely to listening to their board on headphones only, most keyboard users will, at some point, connect the board's left and right outputs to the line inputs of the next step in the chain, be it an effects processor, the mixing desk at a venue, or an audio interface for recording, either on a PC or a dedicated recorder. They are all set up for connecting to and handling the signal levels of instruments such as keyboards, synths, samplers, and grooveboxes. Lower level signals, such as guitars and microphones, are dealt with by the Mic/Instrument setting which switches in a preamplifier to bring the microphone or guitar level signals up to line level inside the device to which that signal is passed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: