Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are your favorite Kronos pianos?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: What are your favorite Kronos pianos? Reply with quote

Just wondering what are the most popular pianos in the Kronos in your opinion? We know all these are subjective and everybody had different taste but here is mine. I think all the pianos are good in their own right.

1- German Grand
2- Japanese Grand
3- Berlin Grand

I think the Berlin Grand is somewhat overrated but very good for Classical or Jazz.
Spryx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the German Grand is my personal favorite.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Berlin Grand
2. German Grand
3. Austrian Grand

I have completely removed the Japanese Grand from my Kronos.

I should add that I use piano sounds mainly in louder band context.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italian grand..
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All around fav: German Grand

For anything exposed, ballad, solo, vocal accomp: German Grand

For cutting through a mix: Japanese or Austalian Grand

Not a fan of the Berlin at all. The more I've played it, the less I've liked it...

YMMV
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: T ot Reply with quote

Totally agree at first i thought the Berlin Grand was really good but the more i played it the more i disliked it.

Last edited by benny ray on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedja
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese Grand. I love soft (dry) sound. From variation of German Grand I like Debussy ver., Steinway & Sons and Steinway & Sons with Violin Pad.
My music: https://soundcloud.com/pedjak-1
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2017/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
http://moca.virtual.museum/dablog/dablog02.htm
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2019/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
https://www.saatchiart.com/PedjaK
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've built my own combi using both the German and Japanese grands. I have the Japanese grand slight quieter. This is my primary piano sound now.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: T ot Reply with quote

benny ray wrote:
Totally agree at first i thought the Berlin Grand was really good but the more i played it the more i disliked it.

...and the less I play the Berlin, the more I like it...after playing the German for a while, the Berlin sounds more like a "real" piano to me when I go back to it...as has been said many times here, it's a very individual thing...

df
jackh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: What are your favorite Kronos pianos? Reply with quote

I've used the German, Japanese, HD-1 Piano and Berlin pianos for solo and small ensemble playing.
Sometimes I vary the piano Types, EQ & TFX, so that velocity and the overall level matches my touch, and what I'm trying to play.
I tend to use the HD-1 Piano and Berlin pianos for live playing, especially when I need to cut through the mix.

Last edited by jackh on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I really enjoy discussions like this because they are so subjective. It's kind of like what is the best Hammond Organ sound?
The best one is the one that works best for you. I generally only use the piano sound that I put together in all of my projects and recordings. I tend to look at it as a signature type of thing. since I gerally only play in a rock format it works for me even with cover tunes unless the song I'm covering has an effected piano sound.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
I have to say I really enjoy discussions like this because they are so subjective. It's kind of like what is the best Hammond Organ sound?
The best one is the one that works best for you. I generally only use the piano sound that I put together in all of my projects and recordings. I tend to look at it as a signature type of thing. since I gerally only play in a rock format it works for me even with cover tunes unless the song I'm covering has an effected piano sound.

Yes is do also it gets some more personal input from members and no wrong or right answer just your opinion or experiences with the different pianos. The Eps are really good on the Kronos also.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-Berlin
2-German
3-Japanese
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benny ray wrote:
jeremykeys wrote:

Yes is do also it gets some more personal input from members and no wrong or right answer just your opinion or experiences with the different pianos. The Eps are really good on the Kronos also.

I'm very happy with the EP's!

Actually, I don't think there is a bad sound on the Kronos. Just some sounds that I have no use for. yet!
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The German Grand would have been my first choice.(unfortunately having ongoing problems with velocity/volume differences on some keys, I don't use it much).
So,my real choice is the Japanese Grand…..with extensive tweaks.
Another favorite is a dual version of the same….with volume settings to suit without any sort of "chorus" effect.
(Note…this is not as a Combie though,it's using the provision of dual Exi pianos as a program).

Tried all the other library ones available,in demo mode,but don't like any enough for purchase etc.

Even the Oasis and HD pianos have their usefulness.

Piano sounds are subjective of course, the variation available is quite astonishing,but very interesting.
I agree with what benny ray says, to a degree, in that all pianos are good in their own right…… adding that most have their place etc.

Best Wishes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: