Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Micro-X, drifting out of tune and problems with knobs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Micro-X, drifting out of tune and problems with knobs. Reply with quote

Hello, everyone.. I searched a bit for this, but the Korg Forums are hardly accurate.

I just purchased a used Micro-X on Reverb.com. It was a very good deal and I couldn't pass it up. It arrived this evening and I am immediately having a problem.. When I play single notes it eventually drifts out of tune and the pitch flutters a bit, erratically. Also, the four assignable knobs do not perform any of the functions stated, but instead they drastically change the pitch in the *opposite* direction of the knob turn. As in, when I twist clockwise the pitch goes down and vise versa. Lastly, I performed the system restore as instructed in the manual and disconnected all MIDI, but the problem remains.

Does anyone know of anything I can try to resolve this before I contact the seller? Thank you for any help!
kofla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem, I googled it, founding that the stick have quality issues, reported widely. Its make some kind of short circuits that make pitch jump 1 or 2 notes, and a strange behavior in the knobs.

I had to transpose the note in global settings, and stopped using the knobs.

A couple of month later, the keyboard returned to normal behavior (I did nothing). I did not use the stick from then. The knobs works well.

There is a tutorial that teach how to repair by yourself the fail stick's circuit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: