Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG USB Midi Driver and Windows 7 warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theconnyb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: KORG USB Midi Driver and Windows 7 warning Reply with quote

The KORG USB Midi Driver is not working properly on Windows 7!

I have installed the latest driver (and even tried older ones), but the X-50 Editor still gives the error that the KORG USB Midi Driver is not installed.

I have tried to uninstall and install again, but the problem persists.
My Korg X-50 is useless without this driver since I can not record in Reaper, Pro Tools or Cubase.

Do I really need to install another Operating System or get a synth from another manufacturer?
theconnyb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg USB Midi Driver for Win 7 is a PIECE OF s**t!!

I install the damn driver, Win7 says IT IS INSTALLED. Then I open Korg X50 Editor and now Windows is telling me Korg USB Midi Driver is NOT installed. We recommend that you install it.

Still I can open the Korg USB Midi Driver Configurator. So HOW THE HELL can it NOT be installed then?

Now, isn't that strange hm?!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a known problem with Windows in that it only allows seven midi drivers to be installed at any time. Is it possible you've installed other audio/midi gear over time and this is the 8th?

If that's not it, actual usb-midi boxes are very cheap. Not that that technically solves the workings of the Korg driver, but it could save you a lot of headache.
theconnyb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your reply.

No, I don't have any other midi devices installed. Win8 is freshly installed, and Before that I used Win7 with the same problem.

I have been in touch with Korg USA and Korg Sweden and ironically enough they say different things. Korg USA claims that the X50 Editor plug-in is compatible with both Win7 and Win8, but Korg Sweden says it is not. Either way it's not working.

You mention something about a MIDI box? Could you explain this? Do you mean that this could solve my problem?
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Sander is thinking about a cheab usb midi interface, which you could connect your Korg's midi in and out into.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you run the 'Install USB-MIDI Device' utility from the Korg folder in the Start menu?

Somewhat counter-intuitively, the 'installer' for the driver just puts the drivers on your system. Windows still often tries to use the built in class compliant driver, and you need to run this utility to assign the driver to the port.

Due to the way Windows works, if you plug into a different USB port in the future you may have to repeat this step to assign the driver to the new port (just as with printers, Windows sees the same device on a different port as an entirely different device).
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Octouser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Latest 1.1.4 a.k.a. "USA_Korg USB-MIDI Driver 1.1.4 (r4 Reply with quote

Hi! Remarkable that the lastest driver is called "USA_Korg USB-MIDI Driver 1.1.4 (r4)"... does it mean that we Europeans can't get this to work? I suspect so Wink After installing 1.1.4 the editor (1.05) lost connection with Micro X (stopped syncing) and also Cubase 6.5 lost connection to the "Micro X Sound" and "Micro X keyboard".

I erased every instance of the driver, including the files in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ and re-installed the 1.1.3 r5. The editor started to recognize and sync to Micro X. Cubase 6.5 still has no connection to Micro X (and 1.1.3 r6 does not work after 1.1.4 either). I un-installed everything again and now I use the Microsoft driver and the editor works and Cubase 6.5 recognize Micro X as a "midiport". Still, it's very annoying that a big company like Korg can't fix the Win 7 problem!

And when do we have a working x64 VST version?

Micro X is discontinued and it seems that we all are left to our (bad Korg) devices (drivers)?

I sincerely hope that someone from Korg reads this and give us all a present for Christmas - a driver and x64 VST for Micro X that works!

/BJ
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant even get cubase to recognize the korg driver under midi ports
zerocrossing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, this issue is still alive. I can't get my Dell do recognize the KingKORG either. Tried with two different KingKORGs, different USB inputs, installed and deinstalled the drivers a bunch of times. It shows up in my device list but no application, including the Korg Librarian, knows it's a MIDI device.
Ceyhan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send them an e mail regarding this issue, Korg doesn't seem to care.
zerocrossing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceyhan wrote:
I send them an e mail regarding this issue, Korg doesn't seem to care.
Apparently not. They stopped responding to me as well, but I went to the devices control panel in Windows 8 and right clicked on KingKORG and chose "troubleshoot." I got this:

"KingKORG can't work properly with USB 3.0."

So that's that. How the hell could they create a device that's not compatible with USB 3 cards is beyond me. I wonder if I could get it to work by buying a USB 2 card.
Namiga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. This is my first post , as I become an X50 owner Smile

I suffered the same problems... Install the driver and the X50 is not recognized or properly recognized as a MIDI device ...

Luckily I found this video in Youtube, and now is working properly. Also updated Firmware to 1.05 from 1.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9OfwDr8oYQ

Hope this helps to someone.

See you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: