Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting DAW Projects to Electribe for Live (MIDI+more).

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimGoose69

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Exporting DAW Projects to Electribe for Live (MIDI+more). Reply with quote

I am trying to find a way to perform my songs live without using my laptop to handle backing tracks, and also for live MIDI triggering of my synths. Is it possible to dump full length .wav backing tracks + their corresponding MIDI files for each of my songs onto an SD card and pop it in the Electribe for live use? I am for now just interested in preserving the structure of the songs I spent so much time creating on my DAW, but to be able to present them with their structures intact live without using a laptop.

In the future I'm happy to use the electribe for all its improvisational and studio uses.

I think this should be pretty easy to do but I want to be sure before spending the 300 euros Smile

Thanks in advanced.
puru991

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: pretty sure that wont be possible Reply with quote

Hi! Just recieved an electribe emx 2, and what you are saying is probably a sampler thing, but its not currently possible, might be a long and tedious workaround present.
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it doesn't really work the way you want it.
First.. Only 270 seconds of sampling at a time..
Second, it doesn't load midi files off the card.
Third, this is a pattern based machine with 4 bar patterns and no song mode.
Z7A

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Exporting DAW Projects to Electribe for Live (MIDI+more) Reply with quote

With some effort you can record a midi-signal into the electribe2, but 4 bar at a time.

Arranger and workstation type keyboards can usually load complete MIDI files.
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should look into something mor like an all in one groove type workstation like the RS7000 or the MC909
Or a old school keyboard workstation like a korg triton or Yamaha motif
JimGoose69

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips guys.

I think for this show I was freaking about i'm going to use the laptop for the backing tracks and MIDI triggering of my synths, and invest in a decent MIDI controller and just tuck my laptop away during my set. I decided it doesn't make sense for me to try and recreate a sloppy version of these tracks by buying new gear, when I spent endless hours composing, arranging and perfecting them on my DAW.

I'm thinking of getting a cheap MC303 here locally to start playing around with composing exclusively with gear, so I have two approaches instead of just writing everything on a computer.

Thanks for your help fellas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: