Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Step Sequencer MIDI Channel?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lava

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Step Sequencer MIDI Channel? Reply with quote

I'm still in the learning phase with my new (to me) Radias, and I'm having problems with the step sequencer.

I created a new patch with three timbres in it, and assigned a different MIDI channel to each timbre. Works like a charm when I cycle through MIDI channels on my keyboard controller, each timbre responds to its given channel like it should.

The problem arises when I program a sequence in the Radias' onboard step sequencer for ONE of the timbres - the sequencer plays two of the timbres at once, which I don't want. When I switch to the timbre I don't want to hear and look, the sequencer does not appear to be on yet when I go to the SEQ page associated with that timbre I see that one of the sequencers is enabled and the other is off. Strangely, both sequencers appear to be off on the third timbre so it does not play.

Paging through everything, I cannot seem to find a parameter that lets me specify which timbres do or do not respond to a given patch's step sequencer. I must be missing something really obvious here, what is it?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Maybe there is some confusion about the step sequencers and the modulation step sequencers?

The step sequencers (2) are common to all timbres and can be turned on/off per timbre. So they are shared between the timbres. As far a I know you first select your timbre and then enable/disable them (button on the board) for that particular timbre (arp, seq1, seq2, none) and repeat it for the other timbres.

For the modulation sequencers, there are 3 per timbre (so in total, max 12), and these ones are not shared between the timbres. These can be found on the 'mod seq' page per timbre.

Have fun.
lava

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out what I was doing wrong:

1) It's not enough to turn the sequencer off (on button) for a timbre. In addition to pressing the on button you also have to deselect the sequencer using the select button. I wasn't doing the latter. And you said as much in your reply, OpAmp, thanks!

2) However - even after I did that, I still saw one timbre responding to incoming notes when it shouldn't have and after awhile I figured out that if your timbre is set to the global midi channel of the synth, it will at times still respond to incoming notes on a different channel. Once I moved the timbre off of the global midi channel, everything worked fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: