Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Step edit piano melody, or midi E2 piano from a keyboard.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psychcowboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Step edit piano melody, or midi E2 piano from a keyboard. Reply with quote

The piano sound on E2 is not bad if tweaked right. I want to step edit some simple piano melodies. Procedure is a) erase all data on the part with Part Erase, b) in Sequence Mode choose beats you want piano to hit, c) how do I choose the notes associated with the step?? from Keyboard Mode?

Also I assume when pattern is set to key of "C" then the keyboard is in C etc?

Lastly, I have a mininova, no good piano sound, if I midi that to E2, how do I choose that it will be playing the piano sound on the part/trigger that I have assigned piano? Thx.
_INTER_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either you play the notes while recording, but thats very inprecise or you go into "Step Edit" mode in the menu. Then assign notes as you wish with the wheel. (Gate Time = Length).
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding shift whilst turning the data knob makes the notes increase/decrease in octave steps.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Z7A

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Step edit piano melody, or midi E2 piano from a keyboard Reply with quote

Psychcowboy wrote:
c) how do I choose the notes associated with the step??

There are four pages in step edit. Use the arrow buttons to go to notes, push-select what pad to edit, and then use the value knob. There is also a Step Jump trick that is described somewhere in this forum.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Step edit piano melody, or midi E2 piano from a keyboard Reply with quote

Psychcowboy wrote:

Lastly, I have a mininova, no good piano sound, if I midi that to E2, how do I choose that it will be playing the piano sound on the part/trigger that I have assigned piano? Thx.

Mininova Midi Out to e2 midi In. Then make sure yr Mininova's midi channel corresponds to the part on the e2 you wish to trigger - remember that every part is hardwired to a midi channel....part 1 is midi channel 1, part 2 is 2, and so on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: