Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

electribe2 motion sequence - updates thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: electribe2 motion sequence - updates thread Reply with quote

Motion Sequence on the new electribes is obviously not completely thought out. There's things needed to be added in or tweaked.

For one, how about Korg add in a 5th part utility - motion sequence on/off. Now you have the option of toggling it on and off like on the old electribes. This adds a whole new layer of variation to your parts.

Also, how about giving us a simple freakin puny icon to let us know if a part has a motion sequence recorded on it.

motion sequence step edit? Include it as the last item after Velocity (although gets tricky when you consider you can record multiples on each track

What else can you think of?
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although not as immediate as a dedicated button (like on the ESX/EMX), shift+pad 10 takes you to the page where you can cycle through smooth/trigger hold/off. The button on the ESX/EMX did the same thing.

Agree to some sort of indicator icon. Also some way of knowing how many motion sequences you have recorded per pattern. Right now it just tells you when you've run out (which, in a Zen like way, is all you need to know really...)

I thought that not being able to edit the data was a big omission. But since the step-jump record trick was discovered, i've not missed it in the slightest. And to be honest, i found editing the motion data to be a little tedious on the old machines...

But as ever, just my opinion...

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the one problem with motion sequencing that needs to be fixed is we need a TRUE Motion Sequence OFF.

The E2/ES2 does not have that.

Though there is a selection that says; "Motion Sequence Off", it is not truly off. The damn thing still records motion sequencing which to me is rather stupid. To me, off means "OFF"...no motion sequence play back and no motion sequence recording...it should be all off, "PERIOD - THE - F**KING - END!!!!!!"

The problem here is that when you use E2 in continuous sequence record mode you can accidentally set off motion sequencing when you don't want it by turning a knob when the record is on. So you think you can stop that problem by setting the motion sequence to off. Make this mistake a few more times and SURPRISE... you get a motion sequence error; too many motion sequences were recorded. And you're like; "WTF! I turned that bullsh!t off!"

Again Korg...OFF MEANS OFF! When you select a feature to be off, that means nothing of that feature is running in the back ground...it's OFF!!! When motion sequencing is selected to be off, there should be no motion sequence recording in the back ground because...it's OFF!!!!

OFF MEANS OFF!!!!!!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Painttheworldgold

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me how to erase motion sequencing on a track? Can't figure it out. I've searched the forums and didn't find anything about the new electribes but I'm sure its been asked before.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Painttheworldgold wrote:
Can someone please tell me how to erase motion sequencing on a track? Can't figure it out. I've searched the forums and didn't find anything about the new electribes but I'm sure its been asked before.

Shift + pad 15.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: