Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XMS-Pro now also available for Pa 600
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montatore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Gabriel wrote:
@ montatore : If you are a poor Pa600 player you should love our system because it gives you the opportunity to play a totaly new keyboard and that for less than 500 Euro.

My friend, I may not be rich, but I am an expert buyer. You would be surprised at what I can find for 500 euros. I can buy myself a very good used keyboard for 500 euros. Have bought and owned many instruments for the last 20 years.

Does your system works on the PA300 ?
montatore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:

All you need is make more videos with comparing orginal and yours sound on same styles.
Audio samples in this case won't work, is better to see actually korg in action on video.

I agree. It's not like I hear a few audio files and I go 'ok that's it, here's 500 euros'.

I am not saying it's not worth it. I buy something if it's really worth it, even if the cost is higher than I'd wish for, but I am able to keep emotions at bay, when it comes to buying things. I don't follow impulses, I follow my logic. I never buy anything that I am not absolutely sure I can resell at no loss, or very little loss. And what I keep, I look at with a magnifying glass. Sorry, that's just me. I am not one of these guys who goes 'yeaaahhh, here's a new arranger, gosh it's 4000 dollars but I deserve it, I'll buy it tomorrow'.

Like a Japanese proverb says, money are very hard to make and very easy to spend. Smile
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montatore wrote:
Nemik wrote:

All you need is make more videos with comparing orginal and yours sound on same styles.
Audio samples in this case won't work, is better to see actually korg in action on video.

I agree. It's not like I hear a few audio files and I go 'ok that's it, here's 500 euros'.

I am not saying it's not worth it. I buy something if it's really worth it, even if the cost is higher than I'd wish for, but I am able to keep emotions at bay, when it comes to buying things. I don't follow impulses, I follow my logic. I never buy anything that I am not absolutely sure I can resell at no loss, or very little loss. And what I keep, I look at with a magnifying glass. Sorry, that's just me. I am not one of these guys who goes 'yeaaahhh, here's a new arranger, gosh it's 4000 dollars but I deserve it, I'll buy it tomorrow'.

Like a Japanese proverb says, money are very hard to make and very easy to spend. Smile

Cost korg pa600 + €500 ,.... why don't go for pa900 and make own sounds + you have voice processing Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
montatore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik, the voice processing, I have no use for. I make and play instrumental music only. Smile

Although I think that the PA900 is good value for money, compared to other brands...but I am also sure that in buying a PA900 I would be spending money on the voice processor. To me only the PA300 and PA600 make total sense Smile

In this sense, I'd rather have PA300 for 570 euros+ MCS PRO 499 euros= killler Korg arranger for 1070 euros with top notch sounds.

Problem is, like you said, I need to know a lot more than just a few sound demos. I'd have to look at the product in every detail....I would never spend 500 euros by just going by instinct. I never do that with serious money, and to me 500 euros ain't small change Smile

And whoever says 500 euros is nothing, is only talking about somebody else's 500 euros, not his 500 euros Laughing
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montatore wrote:

In this sense, I'd rather have PA300 for 570 euros+ MCS PRO 499 euros= killler Korg arranger for 1070 euros with top notch sounds.

Problem is, like you said, I need to know a lot more than just a few sound demos. I'd have to look at the product in every detail....I would never spend 500 euros by just going by instinct. I never do that with serious money, and to me 500 euros ain't small change Smile

And whoever says 500 euros is nothing, is only talking about somebody else's 500 euros, not his 500 euros Laughing

I'm not an expert on multisamples , but I know to make great sound you need for space in ram or rom, good piano sounds taking a lot, means you need compromise something.
Is not like you replace multisamples in pa300 or pa600 and get sounds like pa4x.
Believe me, if was be possible was be done long time ago.
Korg making cheaper version and compromise on harware, that's is all point, you wanna better you pay more.
I wish you best to have killer arranger, but check before you buy it.
I know you will. Wink
Performers Heaven
montatore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:

Korg making cheaper version and compromise on harware, that's is all point, you wanna better you pay more.

Yeah it makes sense. It's probably not just a matter of loading new samples.

I am quite happy with my PA300. When I'll find one at a good price, I'll get a PA600. Probably quite soon.

Korg sounds keep getting better and better. I remember when I bought my PA500 about 4 years ago, most of the sounds were average and boring, compared to what I am hearing now. The PA300 blows it out of the water. For now I am making a ton of music happily even with the PA300. I still can't believe I got it for about 570 euros. Smile

It might be a stripped down version of the PA600 but it's still a very capable instrument. If I am that impressed by the PA300, I am pretty sure I'll be even more with the PA600 Smile

There's no excuse. One can do a lot with any of these boards Smile
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montatore wrote:
Nemik wrote:

I am quite happy with my PA300. When I'll find one at a good price, I'll get a PA600. Probably quite soon.

Korg sounds keep getting better and better. I remember when I bought my PA500 about 4 years ago, most of the sounds were average and boring, compared to what I am hearing now. The PA300 blows it out of the water. For now I am making a ton of music happily even with the PA300. I still can't believe I got it for about 570 euros. Smile

It might be a stripped down version of the PA600 but it's still a very capable instrument. If I am that impressed by the PA300, I am pretty sure I'll be even more with the PA600 Smile

When you get pa600, you will enjoy playing with your MOFX 61.
Korg pa600 can control via midi external keyboards including styles sounds. Wink
Then you can have killer set.
Performers Heaven
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montatore wrote:

Does your system works on the PA300 ?

No, because there is only less or no RAM/ROM.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cost korg pa600 + €500 ,.... why don't go for pa900 and make own sounds + you have voice processing Wink

But the PA900 sounds the same like the 600 - voice processing yes, but at the moment we´re talking about new sounds within the keyboards and no other topics ^^.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
montatore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
montatore wrote:
Nemik wrote:

When you get pa600, you will enjoy playing with your MOFX 61.
Korg pa600 can control via midi external keyboards including styles sounds. Wink
Then you can have killer set.

Now that's very good Smile I admit that when it comes to technical stuff and midi, I am much clueless. I only know about music theory Smile

The MOXF is an amazing instrument, so it will be very interesting to use in conjunction with the PA600, an excellent professional arranger with a very reasonable price, all considered.

The PA300 and PA600 are truly the best arrangers at these prices. Bravo, Korg.

I will definitely get a PA600 at some point. Even the 96 mb sampling RAM can be used effectively. I once remember sampling a violin sound on a Korg Triton, which had same RAM, 96 mb, and the result were impressive Shocked
montatore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wittid wrote:

But the PA900 sounds the same like the 600 - voice processing yes

I agree. As much as the PA900 is still a good buy, it does not seem to offer a lot more than the PA600, with the exception of the harmonizer and twice the sampling RAM....and it costs quite a bit more. In my opinion, the PA600 is the smartest choice. Smile
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@montatore

check this out: http://www.korgpamanager.com/
with new version you can create your own multisamples Laughing
Then import to Korg.
I have it and I can tell this software is worth, save you a lot of time and giving you extended option you miss on Korg.
Performers Heaven
montatore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
@montatore

check this out: http://www.korgpamanager.com/
with new version you can create your own multisamples Laughing
Then import to Korg.
I have it and I can tell this software is worth, save you a lot of time and giving you extended option you miss on Korg.

cool, I didn't know that Pa Manager lets you create your samples, I thought it was a basic program to organize files on the Pa!

I think I'll really buy this Smile There's a saying where I come from: 'he who does something by himself, does it for 3 people'.

Not to mention, he saves 420 euros in the process Laughing

Also, I have seen some people selling top notch, ready made samples for the Korg PA600, for example a ,very, very high quality lead guitar sound for about 10 euros.

Which in theory means that with 500 euros, I can buy myself 500 of these (very, very high quality) sounds. Besides, I'd be able to preview all of them in detail (plus video of each), as well as buying a custom set, i.e. only the ones I want, and WITHOUT getting rid of the Korg factory sounds, which I really like anyways. They are a noticeable improvement over the sounds in preceding PA models.

True, I would not be able to load 500 very high quality sounds at once, but I can get around this not too bad limitation. I mean, how many sounds does one needs in 1 day? Certainly not 500 anyways.

It's useful to see things from many perspectives Laughing
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@montatore

you can also use free sounds from Dopamine set https://dopamine4korg.wordpress.com/
or talk to AntonySharmman and buy some from http://pastyles.x10.mx/Pa3XProducerStandalone.html
At least he got video samples, is legally approve here to sell and He can tell you which can be load on Pa300.
Performers Heaven
montatore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good, I'll check it out
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: