Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Software outside of Sound Librarian?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wittykhal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Software outside of Sound Librarian? Reply with quote

Just wondering if there's any KK compatible software out there that can be used to edit the patches themselves on the King Korg?

I obviously have the Sound Librarian, but to the best of my knowledge this only helps with organizing programs and doesn't actually let you edit them.

I'd just like to have a more visual experience messing with patches, avoid menu diving and whatnot.

Also this is my first synthesizer. Am I missing something?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's PatchMorpher on the iPad.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patch Morpher is the main reason I haven't sold my Kingkorg. At least it allows fast patch editing and good parameter overview, besides the creative morphing features.

Korg's support for this synth has been around zero since it appeared.
No serious OS or software update, not a single additional patch bank, no public featuring worth attention, just a few nice videos right at the start.
They act as if they have the goal to kill their own synth - I just fail to recognise ANY good reason for this behavior.

Even my Microkorg XL+ has received tons of better treatment from Korg and has a really useful editor (not just an extremely basic librarian) and lots of useful patches, including additional patches from Korg.

The Korg performace around the Kingkorg has really been miserable, one of the lowest I have met from them by their own standards so far. I'm definitely underwhelmed by their behavior after selling it.

As it is, it's still quite a useful fun synth for people who use it completely on their own and can live with it's limited filter and mod matrix options.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Patch Morpher is the main reason I haven't sold my Kingkorg.

Ditto.

The board sounds good, but the front panel knobs are too limited, the interface is quirky, it was a frustrating board to dig into. And as you pointed out, it seems there will be no updates to address things that could be improved. But PM is such a cool program, it gives you one more reason to hold on to that KK.
Cenobite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do prefer the Knobs, but recently got patch morpher too. The editor on it is fine, jeffdidit does a few KingKorg demos, this one shows KingKorg and patch morpher together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=denftoQGdNQ
I am neither jeff or work for patch morpher just my first post.
Razz
stephenwiley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VST editor is desperately needed. Patch morpher looks OK but I hate the idea of using my finger to adjust parameters.

Can Patch Morpher be run on a PC or ipad only? Surely there's a way to port it?
skinmechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very fact it's on an ipad (unless I was editing in a LIVE environment) is the reason I wouldn't want Patch Morpher. It just takes you out of the normal workflow of using a synth in the studio hooked up to your DAW to then have to plug in yet another third party (expensive) piece of kit to edit sounds. Roland tried this with the Jupiters, it doesn't work for me, there should be an editor for MAC and Windows. I have held off buying a King Korg at the moment would Love one, but lack of support on this product is the reason I haven't bought one yet, the filters are nice though.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard, korg is discounting the KK. That's not an issue to me, a good synth is always a good synth. This also means that very soon, if not right now, you can pick one up very cheaply. I really like mine even though I hate menu diving. For live, I find it's quite tweakable if you know your way around it.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
mandala music

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Soundtower Editor for Kingkorg availabble Reply with quote

Soundtower (www.soundtower.com) is a well known creator of editor-librarian software for the Triton and Wavestation Korg synthesizers and now for the Kingkorg . I bought the software 2 months ago ($49.99) and it communicates wtih my Kingkorg without problems (as long as I have both midi + usb connections witth my PC computer running Windows XP). But there are some areas of how it works that I haven't figured out yet. For instance, it is supposed to load kklib banks (which is the format that Korg uses for the librarian it released for the Kingkorg) but I can't find the banks after the Soundtower program has downloaded them.

I got around the problem by sending my kklib banks to my Kingkorg using Korg's own librarian. Then I could request a patch bank dump into the Soundtower Editor-Librarian in Soundtower format.

I requested a clarification from Soundtower support about the kklib problem I am having but I haven't received a reply yet. There is no help file to speak of yet but the program was only released two months ago in September.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: