Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transfer Sound Library
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Codd12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Transfer Sound Library Reply with quote

I recently switched from a 61 to a 73 key Kronos. Is there some way to cancel my purchased sound library on my old keyboard and switch it to my new keyboard?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. But here's one of several threads discussing it ...

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=100565
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream that when the website was fixed this would also be handled but it wasn't, so I will still not buy from them.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Transfer Sound Library Reply with quote

Codd12 wrote:
I recently switched from a 61 to a 73 key Kronos. Is there some way to cancel my purchased sound library on my old keyboard and switch it to my new keyboard?

This has been discussed various times, so I'm kind of surprised to see the negative responses. The actual answer is: contact your national Korg Distributor (e.g. Korg USA, Korg UK etc.), tell them your situation, and request that your libraries be transferred.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one time we were told impossible, it is good to know there is a solution now!

Possible worthy of a sticky or a blurb on the Korg website shop page!
Oboemd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Transfer Sound Library Reply with quote

[quote="danatkorg"]
Codd12 wrote:

This has been discussed various times, so I'm kind of surprised to see the negative responses. The actual answer is: contact your national Korg Distributor (e.g. Korg USA, Korg UK etc.), tell them your situation, and request that your libraries be transferred.

Best regards,

Dan[/quote
This is great news for me
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is great news now I am not so hesitant to buy a item or two that I have always wanted!
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
At one time we were told impossible, it is good to know there is a solution now!

Possible worthy of a sticky or a blurb on the Korg website shop page!

This is the first I've heard that some arrangements could be made for a transfer. Good to know. Some sort of note about procedures and requirements should be added to the site.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle is correct! Codd12 let us know what you do and how it goes please!
Many myself included refused to buy these expansions for our Kronos because originally we were told a transfer was not possible. I went so far as to email Korg and was told in the response that for the moving to a new board you couldn't do it but if there was a catastrophic failure they would make it right. I fully intend to move up to an 88 at some point and this policy made me decide to never buy the product sold on the korg site for the Kronos but now with this information many people will be thrilled. Not all though because some wanton o load on multiple Kornos, but it is step in the right direction! I am listening to Sharps stuff now!
rpowell01

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just download them again and reuse the same Key. I know Sharp gives you like 3-4 Keys so others should do the same.

Also I don't see anywhere in the license that states you cannot transfer. Whenever you buy the license you buy them for a Kronos, non particular either.
rpowell01

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Many myself included refused to buy these expansions for our Kronos because originally we were told a transfer was not possible. I went so far as to email Korg and was told in the response that for the moving to a new board you couldn't do it but if there was a catastrophic failure they would make it right. I fully intend to move up to an 88 at some point and this policy made me decide to never buy the product sold on the korg site for the Kronos but now with this information many people will be thrilled. Not all though because some wanton o load on multiple Kornos, but it is step in the right direction! I am listening to Sharps stuff now!

Your Kronos doesn't connect to a server. For all we know there are hundreds of people sharing these things. So you CAN transfer them, just delete them off your old one/remove it by clicking on Global> Options Info and UNINSTALL with the drop down menu. You can transfer after you uninstall it. Its a "TRUST" license is all it is.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
Bertotti wrote:

Your Kronos doesn't connect to a server. For all we know there are hundreds of people sharing these things. So you CAN transfer them, just delete them off your old one/remove it by clicking on Global> Options Info and UNINSTALL with the drop down menu. You can transfer after you uninstall it. Its a "TRUST" license is all it is.

Actually, that's not the case at all. Your Kronos has a public ID number. When you purchase a library, you're given a code that only matches your public id. You can't load the library onto another machine. The exception would be if you bought a patch library that only uses the samples that came with the Kronos.
rpowell01

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again we are given multiple KEYS for this reason. Why would they give you multiple KEYS for? So we can use them on other Kronos hardware. You can uninstall it and keep it registered, there is nothing that says you can't. There is no EULA nor LICENSE that comes with the soundware. You can use them in other Kronos Workstations as long as you own them. But people best not abuse this because I can promise you they will force us to stay connected to the internet for us to even use our boards.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
Again we are given multiple KEYS for this reason. Why would they give you multiple KEYS for? So we can use them on other Kronos hardware. You can uninstall it and keep it registered, there is nothing that says you can't. There is no EULA nor LICENSE that comes with the soundware. You can use them in other Kronos Workstations as long as you own them. But people best not abuse this because I can promise you they will force us to stay connected to the internet for us to even use our boards.

Let us know how that works out for you. Do you think there would be so much discussion if it was that easy?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:

I'm confused because that's not how the system works at all. What danmusician explained above is correct.

The code you purchase from KORG is a challenge response to your KRONOS public id. It will not work on any other KRONOS.

kind regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: